This shrimp dish is one of my family’s new favorite Sunday night meals. It is simple to cook and is Whole 30 and Paleo approved. You won’t be spending too much time in the kitchen, it only take 30 mins from start to finish. If you are in the mood for spicy seafood, you need to give this one a try.
Jumbo shrimp drenched with bang bang sauce and served over cauliflower rice.
- 20 jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayo (whole 30 approved (see instagram for my recipe))
- 2 tbsp hot Sauce (Franks)
- 2 tsp sriracha (for whole 30 either buy approved or make your own)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag cauliflower pearls (or cauliflower rice )
- Thaw your shrimp in a bowl of water. I usually let mine sit for 15- 20 minutes.
- While your shrimp is thawing, go ahead and prep your bang bang sauce. How you make your sauce will depend on your dietary needs. Due to my families paleo lifestyle, I usually make my own. If you would like my recipe, it is located on my instagram page.
Add 1/2 cup mayo to a bowl and simply add 2 tbsp of Frank’s hot sauce and 2 tsp of sriracha sauce ( for whole 30 you will need to make your own version). Simply mix together and sit to the side.
- Next, heat up your cast iron skillet with olive oil and add in your jumbo shrimp. Make sure to cook your shrimp on a lower heat. I find that if I cook at a higher temp the shrimp will have a rubbery texture. It is important to flip your shrimp so it cooks evenly.
- After you get the shrimp in the skillet, heat up another pan and add in your cauli pearls. I find my pearls at Sams Club. Cook your rice until tender. I usually season with a little salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Once your rice is done go ahead and add your bang bang sauce to your shrimp. Let the sauce and shrimp simmer another 3 minutes until combined.
- Finally, add your cauliflower pearls to a plate or bowl and top with your shrimp and sauce. Top with green onions and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood