Mac’s Awesome Sauce
Published Feb 08, 2018 Updated Apr 23, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This awesome sauce is beyond delicious! It gives bland food a kick of flavor and never disappoints! Smother it on top of burgers, drizzle it on veggies, or use it as a dressing for salads. You just can’t go wrong!
What Makes This Recipe Work
This Awesome Sauce recipe is not only delicious, but it is one that is near and dear to my heart. I grew up with a fabulous southern grandmama who probably was the best cook around. Her food always made me feel warm and loved. She always used this “special mayo” on everything and it was to die for!
Unfortunately, her version was not Whole30 or Paleo compliant, so I worked to create a new version to share with you all! I am so excited to share this recipe that keeps her memory alive and is Whole30 compliant! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
How to Make This Recipe
- Mayo: You can use your favorite Whole30 compliant mayo or make my 60-second Homemade version!
- Onion: You’ll just need 1 tbsp of onions for this recipe.
- Sea Salt & Pepper: Season to taste!
- Coconut Aminos: You can find this Whole30 approved item at your local Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Whole Food, and other local markets!
Step by Step
- Add the mayo, chopped onions, coconut aminos, 1 tsp sea salt, and pepper.
- Use a spoon to mix together until combined.
Recipes Using Mac’s Awesome Sauce
Mac’s Awesome Sauce Chicken Salad
Mac’s Pro Tips
Storage: This dressing will be good for up to a week in the fridge.
Yes! This is a compliant sauce that goes so well with so many different dishes!
Yes! This sauce is less than 1 net carb per serving!
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Mac’s Awesome Sauce – A creamy and savory Whole30, Paleo and Keto sauce that will bring to life any dish. – of compliant Mayo, chopped onions, sea salt (or reduce to 1/2 tsp depending on preference ), pepper, coconut aminos, , Mayo Recipe- 1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 to 1 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. Add to a mason jar.; Add the chopped onions, coconut aminos, 1 tsp sea salt and pepper. Use a spoon to mix together until combined. ; This dressing will be good for up to a week in the fridge.; ; – <a href=”https://amzn.to/2KUisGv” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Click here for the coconut aminos I use for this recipe.</a>
– Sauce – Mac’s Awesome Sauce – Sauce – Paleo – Recipes – Whole30 – Mac’s Awesome Sauce – paleo – Sauce – whole30[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]Print
Mac’s Awesome Sauce
This awesome sauce is the perfect condiment to liven up any meal! Whether you’re grilling, making a salad, or dipping veggies, this sauce is divine!
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
- 1 cup of compliant Mayo
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Mayo Recipe- 1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 to 1 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. Add to a mason jar.
- Add the chopped onions, coconut aminos, 1 tsp sea salt and pepper. Use a spoon to mix together until combined.
- This dressing will be good for up to a week in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
Keywords: awesome sauce, keto, whole30, paleo
This sauce is INCREDIBLE, I can’t wait to use it on everything!!!! Thanks for such a delicious recipe.
Aww thanks Kelly. Your uplifting comments make my day. Love that you found the sauce to be something you might use often. It’s certainly a hit in our home. Have a blessed weekend.
Do you use chopped raw onions or dehydrated ones? I am very excited to try this sauce!
I just use chopped raw onions
Goodness I love this sauce. I put it on the Philly not so cheesesteaks, eggs, used it as a veggie dip and has been used as my mayo and cheese replacement. It comes in so handy on my low carb days.
This makes me so happy. Thank you
This sauce is seriously the best. It tastes good on almost everything and it’ll make your whole 30 so much easier.
Thank you Sam! This is so nice and I’m so glad you love it.