I am such a fan of chicken salad, I love it so much I can even eat it for breakfast. I sometimes need a break from the traditional chicken salad, so I have developed a new recipe to add to my rotation. My Awesome Sauce Chicken Salad is bursting with flavor and gets better as it sits in the fridge.
This chicken salad is creamy and filled with super simple yet flavorful ingredients. Chopped chicken combined with my creamy Awesome Sauce topped with fresh chopped green and red onions is the perfect lunch…and even breakfast.
A great way to serve this salad is stuffed in an avocado or scooped up with mini multicolored peppers. It is light yet filling and can be whipped up at the beginning of the week and used throughout the week for meals or even a quick snack .
Shop the post:
If you like this quick recipe, be sure to check out some of my other favorite below:Print
- 4 medium chicken breast ((cooked and chopped into small cubes))
- 3/4 cup Mac’s Awesome Sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp diced red onions (divided)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (add more to taste)
Mac’s Awesome Sauce
- 1 cup homemade mayo (*see notes)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red or yellow onion
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (*add another 1/4 tsp if needed)
- 1.Place chicken breast in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Allow the chicken to continue cooking on low for 15 minutes or until chicken has reached temperature. Make sure to always check with a meat thermometer. For chicken, it should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Remove the chicken from the hot water and allow to cool on a cutting board. Once cool, dice into small cubes.
- 3. Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl along with the Awesome Sauce and the rest of the ingredients for the salad.
- 4.Use a spoon to mix until well combined.
- 5.Garnish with fresh green onions and 1 tbsp of diced red onions.
Mac’s Awesome Sauce
Click here for my 60 second mayo recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Salad
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!