Mac's Awesome Sauce Chicken Salad
This Awesome Sauce Chicken Salad is super quick and perfect for meal prep. filled with super simple yet flavorful ingredients, such as, chopped chicken, a cream mayo base sauce and red and greed onions. Its' Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant.
Servings: 4 cups
- 4 medium chicken breast (cooked and chopped into small cubes)
- 3/4 cup Mac's Awesome Sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp diced red onions divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt add more to taste
Mac's Awesome Sauce
- 1 cup homemade mayo *see notes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red or yellow onion
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt *add another 1/4 tsp if needed
1.Place chicken breast in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Allow the chicken to continue cooking on low for 15 minutes or until chicken has reached temperature. Make sure to always check with a meat thermometer. For chicken, it should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the chicken from the hot water and allow to cool on a cutting board. Once cool, dice into small cubes.
3. Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl along with the Awesome Sauce and the rest of the ingredients for the salad.
4.Use a spoon to mix until well combined.
5.Garnish with fresh green onions and 1 tbsp of diced red onions.