- 1 whole salmon fillet 3 pounds
- 3–4 fresh sprigs of rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced*
- 3 tablespoons butter*, room temp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons, chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet Pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter, herbs, garlic, and salt/pepper. Mix together. You can also melt the butter mixture in a saucepan if you want to make it easier to spread on the salmon before cooking.
- Coat the foil with baking spray, then place the salmon on top. Add the herb butter mixture either at room temp or melted over the top of the salmon fillet. Add rosemary sprigs and lemon slices over the top.
- Gently tent the salmon with foil and bake and bake for about 18-20 minutes. At the 18-20 minute mark, turn the oven to broil for 2 minutes, browning the top. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Cut into portioned pieces and serve with fresh greens. Enjoy!
Feel free to sub ghee for the vegan butter for Whole30.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: baked salmon, whole salmon, lemon herb butter, 30-minute-meal