My new Creamy Garlic Scallops are so simple and flavorful. Not only are they super simple, but they require minimal ingredients and can be whipped up in 15 minutes. Additionally, they are Keto, Whole30, Paleo, gluten and dairy free.
I love scallops because they have a velvet and buttery texture. When I get sick of chicken, I love putting scallops on the menu. Pairing this dish on top of creamy cauliflower mash or even cauliflower rice and steamed veggies makes for the perfect dinner.
Ingredients for these Creamy Garlic Scallops:
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth
- Canned coconut milk
- Lemon juice
- Xanthan gum
Tips for Cooking Scallops:
It is very important to prepare and cook scallops correctly, or you will end up with a rubbery texture. Below are the best tips for cooking scallops correctly:
- The first thing you want to do when you’re searing scallops is to pat the outside dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Next, grab a skillet, nonstick or cast iron and cover with olive oil.
- Heat the oil on high heat until sizzling, then add each scallop to the skillet.
- Drop in each scallop. Make sure to give them enough space in the pan so they’re not steaming each other.
- Sear the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Make sure NOT to overcook or they will become rubbery.
- These scallops taste best when served immediately.
What to serve with these Creamy Garlic Scallops:
- Creamy cauliflower mash
- Cauliflower rice
- Steamed asparagus
- Sauteed broccoli
- Green beans
- Tomato and cucumber salad
Creamy Garlic Scallops that is packed with a ton of flavor and minimal ingredients. Perfect on top of cauliflower rice or even served with a side of fresh steamed veggies. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and gluten/dairy Free.
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Pat the scallops dry with paper towel. Season both sides of the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat with olive oil until sizzling.
- Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side (Make sure each side has a golden crust).
- Once they are cooked through and opaque, remove from skillet, transfer to a plate and set the side.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of ghee along with adding in the minced garlic and shallots. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes, Add the coconut milk along with the xanthan gum and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
- Add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly.
- Garnish with additional parsley, salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
- Category: Entrees/Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 0.8
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 14.5
- Cholesterol: 42