- 1 16 oz package frozen pierogies
- 1 24 oz package beef kielbasa or beef sausage of choice
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook Sausage/Cabbage: Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a skillet and add in the garlic and allow to cook for 20 seconds. Next, add in the sausage and sauté until it’s browned on both sides. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet (do not wipe it out), add the shredded cabbage and onions. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Cook Pierogis: Brown the pierogis in a non-stick pan with butter. Brown on both sides for
about 6- 8 minutes per side.
- Combine: Place the pierogis and cooked kielbasa in with the cabbage. Enjoy!
Storage: Store your leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Reheating: This recipe reheats nicely in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or over medium heat on the stovetop for 5-7 minutes.
How to Serve: Serve by itself or with mashed potatoes, rice, or a side salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Polish