Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast are so easy and only require 7 simple ingredients. Recently, I have started eating my weight in protein to help gain muscle and plain chicken can get old real quick. I love adding flavor and texture to a boring chicken breast to make it more enjoyable to eat on a daily basis. This recipe has saved me lately and is also perfect for meal prep.
What I love most about this recipe, is it’s kid APPROVED. Since we have been stuck in the house with self- quarantine, they both have become extra picky with what I make. Lately, they have curled their noses up to a lot of the recipes I have made, but they said this meal was a keeper. Additionally, this recipe it is healthy and I am able to sneak veggies in a tasty way. It’s a win-win.
Ingredients needed for this Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (4)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Olive oil
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (I love using the LIGHT Sargento)
- Cast Iron Skillet
Side Dish Ideas for this chicken:
- Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes
- Side Salad
- Green Beans
- Brown Rice
- Zucchini and Squash Skillet
- Sweet Potatoes
- Tomato Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Steamed Asparagus
If you are searching for a recipe that will please the whole family and not break the bank, be sure to give this one a try. I guarantee it will become a weekly menu staple that will save you from plain boring chicken. Additionally, it is perfect for meal prep and great for macro counting. I will serve a chicken breast with a 1/2 cup of brown rice and it is the perfect balanced meal.
Sun-dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast (4 breasts)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped (oil packed)
- 3 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 cup spinach divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut a pocket into each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way though.
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper and garlic powder (both sides)
- Stuff the chicken breast in this order; spinach, cheese stick, and chopped sun-dried tomato.
- If you want to make sure everything stays secure, seal each chicken breast using toothpicks.
- In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and sear it for about 2 minutes just until the chicken gets golden brown.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken's internal temp is 165F.
- If you want your chicken to be more cheesy, double the cheese sticks and add 2 sticks to each breast.
- Stays in the fridge for up to one week and 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.