Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
These Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast are so easy and only require 7 simple ingredients. Recently, I have started eating my weight in protein to help gain muscle and plain chicken can get old real quick. I love adding flavor and texture to a boring chicken breast to make it more enjoyable to eat on a daily basis. This recipe has saved me lately and is also perfect for meal prep.
What I love most about this recipe, is it’s kid APPROVED. Since we have been stuck in the house with self- quarantine, they both have become extra picky with what I make. Lately, they have curled their noses up to a lot of the recipes I have made, but they said this meal was a keeper. Additionally, this recipe it is healthy and I am able to sneak veggies in a tasty way. It’s a win-win.
Ingredients needed for this Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (4)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Olive oil
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (I love using the LIGHT Sargento)
- Cast Iron Skillet
Side Dish Ideas for this chicken:
- Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes
- Side Salad
- Green Beans
- Brown Rice
- Zucchini and Squash Skillet
- Sweet Potatoes
- Tomato Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Steamed Asparagus
If you are searching for a recipe that will please the whole family and not break the bank, be sure to give this one a try. I guarantee it will become a weekly menu staple that will save you from plain boring chicken. Additionally, it is perfect for meal prep and great for macro counting. I will serve a chicken breast with a 1/2 cup of brown rice and it is the perfect balanced meal.Print
- 2 lbs chicken breast, (4 breasts)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (oil packed)
- 3 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 cup spinach, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut a pocket into each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way though.
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper and garlic powder (both sides)
- Stuff the chicken breast in this order; spinach, cheese stick, and chopped sun-dried tomato.
- If you want to make sure everything stays secure, seal each chicken breast using toothpicks.
- In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and sear it for about 2 minutes just until the chicken gets golden brown.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temp is 165F.
- If you want your chicken to be more cheesy, double the cheese sticks and add 2 sticks to each breast.
- Stays in the fridge for up to one week and 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 5.5
- Fiber: 0.8
- Protein: 27
- Cholesterol: 80
Keywords: Stuffed Chicken Breast, Chicken,Keto Chicken Recipes, Keto
Shop My Post
Make sure to pin this Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe to your Pinterest page
Love this recipe? Be sure to try my other favorites below:
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!