Mango Pineapple Grilled Chicken
Published Aug 02, 2019 Updated Apr 24, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken is usually something that is on our weekly menu at least 2 to 3 times a week. If I am not careful, plain chicken can get boring real quick and leave my family running from the dinner table. My new Grilled Lime Chicken Breasts with Mango Pineapple Salsa is sure to save you for from the same boring chicken dinner.
This recipe is both savory and sweet and serves as the perfect light summertime lunch or dinner. Not only does this salsa pair nicely with chicken, but it is also great with pork chops, steaks and even plantain or tortilla chips.
In addition, I have been know to grab a spoon and sit down and eat it like a meal….It’s that addicting and yummy. But the possibilities really are endless with this salsa. Pop it on protein, top it on salads, or eat it with a spoon, you can’t go wrong.
Like I mentioned earlier, plain chicken can get really boring and can lack flavor. I like to shake things up by marinating my chicken in different marinades overnight that infuses the meat with a ton of great flavor. Not only does the marinade add flavor, but it also allows the chicken to be super tender and juicy after cooking.
The marinade I used for Grilled Lime Chicken Breasts with Mango Pineapple Salsa is super simple, yet powerful in flavor. I combined olive oil, a whole lime, juiced, Tajin seasoning and a couple of garlic cloves.
How long will this last in the fridge?
Storing the salsa and chicken separately will allow this recipe to be enjoyed longer. For the salsa, I would say store no longer than 4 days and no longer than 7 days for the chicken. This recipe would actually serve as a yummy grab and go lunch to enjoy throughout the week.
Is it necessary to marinate the chicken overnight?
This is where all the flavor comes from. Giving the meat time to soak up flavorful liquid allows it to be more tender and juicy once cooked.
In my opinion through experience, using a marinade can add a lot of flavor to any protein, especially chicken. In this case I’m using the marinade mainly for flavor. I’d recommend marinating the chicken for 6 to 12 hours or overnight for optimal flavor and taste.
Which one of your Majestic Sauces would pair great with this dish?
I love all my sauces, but my Chili Lime Sauce would pair amazing with this dish. Click on the photo below to grab that recipe to kick this meal up a notch.Print
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Total Time: 52 minute
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Grilled Lime Chicken
- 6 medium chicken breast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 whole lime (juiced)
- 1 1/2 tsp Tajin Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 cup Mango (diced)
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple (diced)
- 1 whole lime (juiced)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3/4 tsp Tiajin seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Chicken and Marinade
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lime juice, Tajin and garlic powder. Whisk together until combined well.
- In a gallon size zip-lock bag, add 6 chicken breast along with the lime marinade. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- Get the grill ready by spraying with compliant cooking spray. Turn on to 400°F. If you are using a grill pan, turn to medium/high heat.
- Remove the zip-lock bag from the fridge and remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Dice 3 1/2 cups of pineapple, 1 1/2 cups of mango, 1/4 cup of red onion and add to a medium size bowl.
- Next, add the juice of 1 lime along with the seasoning (1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 3/4 tsp Tajin).
- Clean and rough chop 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro and transfer to the mixture.
- Finally, combine everything together with a spoon and serve. Will last up to 4 week if stored in air-tight container.
- Place the 6 chicken cooked breasts on a platter and spoon over the salsa over the top and squeeze lime juice over the platter. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
This is my favorite recipe! The combo of the chicken with the sweet salsa is a game changer. I love to make the batch and eat it for lunch all week!
Awww thanks Emily. So glad to hear this recipe helps in your meal planning and is in your rotation. Your kind words and review are certainly appreciated……blessings your way;-)
Made this for dinner last night it was fabulous!
The salsa was a wonderful treat, I added a jalapeño for some sweat heat!
Thank you so much.
Made for my hubby who is british and not used to American food and he LOVED it. I actually cooked the chicken outside on the barbeque and it came out delicious.
Fast, easy and full of flavor. Thanks so much.