Whole30 + Keto + Paleo Buffalo Dill Chicken Salad
A spicy and creamy buffalo dill chicken salad that is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant. This salad is great on top of greens, stuffed in an avocado and just straight from a bowl.
Chicken salad is one of those dishes that you will always find in my fridge. I love whipping some up on Sunday afternoon and having it available in the fridge to grab throughout the week for an easy and delicious meal option. I have always been one that will eat chicken salad for breakfast because I love it that much!
I love mixing it up and trying out new chicken salad recipes that will keep my meal options fresh and not boring. I try to experiment with a lot of different ways to spice up a boring traditional salad recipe and my new Buffalo Dill Chicken Salad takes it to a whole different level. This recipe is so creamy and savory and almost mimics a chicken wing and not to mention, it is Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant
Throw it on top of a salad or even add it to a sweet potato and heat up for a really magical meal. Shoot, you can even grab the bowl and a fork and eat it all by itself. The Buffalo Dill Mayo that I created especially for this chicken salad is out of this world incredible. I also use it on top of veggies and other boring protein options. If you are searching for a great Sunday meal prep dish, look no further! This will be your new go to lunch that is sure to satisfy.
How long will chicken salad last in the fridge?
I never go over 5 days for my chicken salad. If I make it for Sunday meal prep, I usually plan to use it for meals early in the week.
How to serve chicken salad?
- Add on top of your favorite greens with some chopped veggies.
- Stuff chicken salad into a half of an avocado.
- Make a chicken salad wrap with coconut flour tortillas and serve with fruit.
Do I have to make homemade mayo for chicken salad?
For this recipe since it is labeled Whole30, it is suggested to make your own mayo, but you can also use compliant brands use as Primal Kitchen and Stonewall Kitchen
Click below to save this recipe to your Pinterest board.
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken (,chopped)
- 3 tbsp compliant pickles (,chopped)
- 1/3 cup sweet onions (,finely diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dill weed (,for garnish)
Buffalo Dill Mayo (Makes 1 Cup)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 1/4 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook your chicken as desired. Boil, grill, bake or use a compliant rotisserie chicken. Rough chop the chicken, pickles and onions. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Place the mixing bowl to the side and make the homemade Buffalo Dill Mayo.
- Add in the Whole30 compliant mayo into a mason jar. Here is my recipe for homemade mayo (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender add everything to a blender except the olive oil and turn on to slow/medium speed and slowly add the olive oil until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl add in all of your seasonings and mix together. Transfer 2 tbsp of Franks Hot Sauce along with the seasoning mixture (dill, salt and pepper) to the mayo. Mix with a spoon.
- Mix ¾ cups of the homemade buffalo dill mayo into the chicken, pickles and onion mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp dill and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the top with Franks Hot Sauce and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!