Crispy chicken wings is one of my all time favorite comfort meals. I wanted to create a healthy version that had both crunch and amazing flavor. This new recipe did not disappoint. My Air Fryer Buffalo Wings are beyond crispy and drenched in homemade buffalo sauce. They really are exploding with flavor. Additionally, they are Whole30, Keto and Paleo. Healthy never looked so good!
Ingredients Needed For These Wings:
- Chicken wings
- Olive oil
- Franks Hot Sauce
- Coconut aminos
- Garlic powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
Tips for making these crispy Buffalo Wings
- Make sure to pat the chicken wings down with a paper towel to remove any moisture before tossing in the olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. This will aid in the chicken getting crispy during the cooking process.
- Using an air fryer is highly recommended to get that crunchy texture
- Shaking the basket during the cooking process is super important. This will ensure that this cooks the chicken wings cook evenly and gets crispy on each side.
- Spray the wings with cooking spray before cooking and again when you shake the basket at the halfway mark. This will give the wings a nice crispy finish.
- Use my homemade Whole30 Ranch for dipping
- These are great for meal prep also. They heat up very well.
Can I make these Buffalo Wings in the oven if I don’t have an air fryer?
Absolutely! You can cook them in the oven and still get a really nice crisp. I prefer using the air fryer, but I still use the oven method a lot and it doesn’t disappoint. Oven instructions below:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add a rack to a baking sheet and place all of the wings on top of the rack. (The wire rack allows the wings to get crispy all the way around). If you don’t have a wire rack, just line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place wings on top.
- Prepare the wings by placing them on a paper towel and pat dry. Place the wings in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper on each side.
- Place the wings on the baking sheet/wired rack and transfer to the oven and bake for for 15 minutes then remove the wings from the oven and turn them. Add back to the oven to cook for 20 more minutes or until crispy.
In conclusion, if you are craving comfort food but want to keep it healthy, be sure to give my Air Fryer Buffalo Wings a try! Serve them with your favorite steamed veggies or a beautiful, crisp side salad and you have yourself a complete meal.Print
- Prep the Air Fryer basket by spraying with compliant cooking spray and turning to 380 F.
- Prepare the wings by placing them on a paper towel and pat dry. Place the wings in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper, turning until each wing is covered.
- Add the seasoned wings to the basket and cook on 380 degrees for 18 minutes. Make sure to shake the basket every 5 minutes to insure even cooking. After the 18 minutes, shake the chicken wings one more time and finish cooking. Increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 5 more minutes or until internal chicken temp is 165F
- When the wings are completely done cooking, remove the basket and add a mixing bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce over the wings and mix until each wing is covered.
- Serve with carrot and celery slices along with my homemade ranch.
- Add a small sauce pan and place over medium heat.
- Transfer all the ingredients to saucepan and heat until ghee is melted.
- Whisk together until combined and allow it to simmer around 4 minutes or so.
- Store any leftovers in a jar and in the fridge for 1 week.
- To help get a nice crunch, be sure to pat the chicken with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Make sure to shake the basket throughout the cooking process. This will ensure the chicken wing to get crispy and to cook evenly.
- Category: Entrees/Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Serving Size: 4 wings
- Calories: 250
- Sodium: 1229
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 67
Keywords: Air Fryer Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Wings, Wings, Chicken Wings, Keto Recipes, Whole30