Super Bowl is a pretty big deal at my house. We love coming together with our friends and family and I’m pretty sure it’s a day my husband looks forward to all year long. My favorite thing to do for this special day is creating flavorful and satisfying healthy recipes that don’t disappoint. My new Crispy Buffalo Tenders are heavenly and I have created both an Air Fryer and traditional oven method so that everyone, whether you own an air fryer or not can enjoy. They are also Keto, Whole30 and Paleo compliant along with being gluten and dairy free.
In my opinion, appetizers aren’t appetizers unless you have buffalo chicken tenders in the line up. These tenders are great straight from the oven or the air fryer, both methods are amazing. The almond flour mixture gives these chicken tenders so much flavor and texture that makes them the perfect crunchy game time treat or dinner/lunch option. My daughter who is 4 years old love chicken tenders but the buffalo sauce is a little intense for here, so I always put a couple back before I toss in the sauce.
My spicy ranch dressing is the perfect condiment for dipping anything in, especially these tenders. If you aren’t a fan of spicy ranch, no worries, you can grab my plain ranch recipe here. Super Bowl is this weekend and these are for sure on our menu. I love the fact that they tastes like they are actually fried and full of all the bad stuff, but actually extremely healthy and satisfying.
If you have a social gathering, football game or party coming up soon, you must give these Crispy Buffalo Tenders a try. Remember, it’s not a party without something buffalo on the menu, and these will be a real crowd please.
If you love this recipe, also check out my other mouthwatering recipes below.
Shop my post below
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (Optional )
- 1 cup compliant mayo
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsely
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white wine vinager
- 2 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the egg to a bowl and beat.
- Mix the almond flour along with all of the other seasoning in a separate bowl.
- Coat each chicken tender in the egg mixture, followed by rolling in the almond flour mixture, and place on the parchment paper on top of the baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then flip, and bake for another 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and toss in the buffalo sauce. Serve with the spicy ranch dressing.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat air fryer to 400º F.
- Mix the almond flour along with all of the other seasoning in a separate bowl. Coat each chicken tender in the egg mixture, followed by rolling in the almond flour mixture, and place on the parchment paper on top of the baking pan.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Place the chicken tenders in the air fryer basket. Make sure the tenders are not touching, air will need to flow between them as they cook. You will be cooking in 2 separate batches
- Spray a little of the cooking spray on top of each tender and turn the timer on for 12 minutes. Halfway through, pause cooking and flip the tenders and spray the other side with cooking spray and finish cooking. Cook until golden brown or until the internal temperature reads 175°F. Repeat this step until all tenders are cooked.
- Remove from the air fryer and toss the tenders in the buffalo sauce. Serve with the spicy ranch dressing.
- Add in your mayo (whole 30 version) into a mason jar. Here is my recipe for homemade mayo (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mayo and mix together with a spoon until combined. This ranch lasts about a week in the fridge.
- Take a small sauce pan and place over medium heat.
- Add all ingredients to saucepan and heat until ghee is melted.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish