Whole30 Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Published Jan 07, 2020 Updated Mar 12, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Craving something extra? My new Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a show stopper and will help bring boring chicken to life. This recipe is full of flavor and amazing texture. In addition, it is Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant. Healthy has never tasted so good!
When I create recipes, I always think about my husband. Taking his pallet into consideration allows me to create “man approved meals” that is not only overflowing with flavor, but is also healthy and filling. When I served this recipe to my husband, it easily became his favorite and even one he requested on a consistent basis.
This recipe is filled with a ton of flavor that will keep you going back for more. In addition, it is an amazing option for meal prep. I will throw this in a glass storage container and serve with a side salad drizzled with some red wine vinegar, light olive oil and a little lemon juice.
Tips for making this Buffalo Chicken Casserole:
- I buy the frozen cauliflower rice at Sam’s Club in the freezer section. I highly suggest buying pre-made frozen cauliflower rice and just adding it in frozen. It really will save a ton of time.
- Make sure not to over bake because it could possibly dry it out.
- If you don’t want to make my homemade Mayo or Ranch, then you can buy other compliant brands such as, Primal Kitchen or Tessemae
Can you freeze this Buffalo Chicken casserole?
Absolutely! Simply transfer the entire casserole (except for the garnish) to an airtight container or individual meal prep containers and place in the freezer. They store well for 3 months!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Chicken Patties
- Whole30 Homemade Ranch
- 60 Second Mayo
Shop my Post:
I also love shopping for Whole30 compliant ingredients through Thrive Market. Your favorite organic & non-GMO brands at up to 50% off—delivered to your door. With my link you can get an extra 25% off your first order and a FREE 30 day trial.
Be sure to pin this to your Pinterest Board:
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave me a rating and comment at the end of this post!
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Buffalo Chicken Casserole – – , ; – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]Print
Buffalo Chicken Casserole
A creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole that is Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant. Filled with shredded chicken, mayo, ranch, nutritional yeast, seasoning, green chilies and Franks Hot sauce. A perfect easy and quick weeknight dinner.
- Total Time: 41 minute
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 2.5 lbs cooked chicken breast (4 1/2 cups, shredded)
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (frozen or raw)
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp compliant ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup compliant mayo
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup green chilies or sub chopped banana peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Garnish with additional green onions and drizzle with 2 tbsp of ranch and a more hot sauce.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 9X9 or a 9X13 baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower rice, onions, green onions, banana peppers or green chilies, cooked shredded chicken, Franks Red Hot Sauce, mayo, ranch, nutritional yeast and the rest of the seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients together until completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and add to the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is crispy and bubbling.
- Drizzle with ranch, top with fresh chopped green onions and add a little more Franks Hot Sauce to the top.
- Be sure to check the ingredients for the banana peppers for compliant ingredients. I love buying mine through Thrive Market, which is compliant for the Whole30 program.
- You can add in the cauliflower rice in frozen or raw. You do NOT have to cook it before adding it to the oven.
- This will last in the fridge up to one week and in the freezer for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: Dinner, Casserole, Buffalo Chicken, Whole30, Keto
To calculate it for Keto, take the carbs and subtract the fiber. This will be 5 grams of carbs a serving
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Wow! The Buffalo Chicken Casserole is outstanding! It was so easy to make, put in the fridge and bake it the next day. We had it tonight and my husband loved it too.
It’s recipes like this that make me want to keep doing Keto. Thank you!
Awww thanks Esther for the kinds words of support. It thrills me to make recipes that become family favorites.
I’ve made this numerous times with a recipe from countsofthenetherworld.com, same exact recipe and wording. Since you state that you invented the recipe, I’m wondering if you gave them permission to copy your recipe almost word for word. It is a keeper, that’s for sure!
Thank you so much for letting me know. This is for sure my recipe and sad to hear it is almost copies word for word.
Absolutely amazing!!! Anytime I’m craving anything Buffalo Chicken again – I will make this casserole instead. I can’t believe how incredible it tastes – and it’s Whole 30!!!
This made my day. Thank you
I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your recipes. This one is one that I love as well as my non keto family. I am making this again tonight because they requested it. Thank you for making healthy food that taste soooo good!
AWWW thank you Amber for such kind words. Making recipes that are helpful to you and my followers is what gives me joy and gets me out of bed each day. Love when one of my creations makes a family favorite rotation. Thank you for connecting with me giving such positive feedback. Happy eating friend!!
Delicious; I love a good casserole and the flavor and texture were great in this one!