This Pomegranate Guacamole is a festive twist on the traditional recipe. It’s the perfect appetizer for any gathering or party and goes perfect with plantain chips, carrots or tortilla chips. It’s vegan, gluten-free and paleo.
Tis’ the season to take things up a notch though with this Pomegranate Guacamole recipe. Traditional guacamole with tomatoes is always a go-to for the summer, but in the fall I don’t crave that version. Instead of using tomatoes in the fall, I sub pomegranate arils and it adds a bit of sweetness and crunch. Not only are the flavors insanely delicious but the pomegranate seeds add such a beautiful color against the green avocado.
Tips & Tricks For This Pomegranate Guacamole Recipe
- Picking Ripe Avocados: It’s important to use ripe avocados. The best way to pick avocados at the store is to look for dark green and almost black in color. The skin should be bumpy and when you apply pressure it should be somewhat firm, but not mushy.
- Get The Most Juice Out Of Your Limes: Microwave them before cutting for 20 seconds.This makes juicing so much easier and you get twice the juice.
- How To Store Leftover Guacamole: My favorite way to store leftovers is to squeeze a thin layer of lemon/lime juice over the guacamole to form a barrier with the air. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, pushing the wrap, so it is flush with the guacamole to prevent air pockets.
How To Easily Remove Seeds From A Pomegranate?
There are a lot of easy ways to remove seeds from a pomegranate. My favorite way is from BBC Good Food.
- Roll the fruit first to loosen the seeds.
- Score around the middle and tear it open into halves.
- Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds.
Want More Healthy Appetizers?
Pin This Pomegranate Guacamole Recipe To PinterestPrint
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils/seeds
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado until either smooth or chunky consistency. Whichever consistency you prefer. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Carefully stir in 1/4 cup of the pomegranate arils/seeds. Transfer to a serving bowl and add the rest of the pomegranate arils to the top of the guacamole for a beautiful presentation.
- Serve immediately with plantain chips or veggies and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Dip
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Pomegranate Guacamole, Guacamole, Pomegranate Guacamole Recipe, Pomegranate Guacamole Dip
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!