Fresh Homemade Salsa (Keto + Whole30)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fresh Homemade Salsa
My Fresh Homemade Salsa recipe can literally go on top of anything. This is hands down 100% better than store-bought salsa, and healthier too! I always keep this in My fridge, because it is super easy to make and goes perfect on eggs, chicken, steak, and even salads!
How To Make Homemade Salsa
Making homemade salsa is extremely easy and takes no time at all. My favorite way to make it is just adding everything to a food processor and processing it until I get the consistency I like. I like mine fine, but not fine enough to be soupy. It really is just preference. Pulsing it longer will give you a thinner consistency and pulsing it fewer times will make it chunky.
Tips and Tricks For Homemade Salsa
- Always chill it before serving. I find that leaving it in the fridge up to 24 hours before serving makes it taste so much better. I find that all the flavors marry together as it sits in the fridge.
- If you like it spicy, add jalapeno pepper. This is totally optional though. If you aren’t a spice fan, remove it.
- Make sure to add the lime zest. It really makes a difference with the finished process.
- If you are keto, serve this salsa with fresh-cut veggies such as cucumbers, mini bell peppers, or carrot chips. I also love serving it with Epic’s Pork Rinds.
Store in an air-tight container or large mason jar with a lid in the fridge for up to 7 days. Make sure to give it a big stir with a spoon before serving.
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Recipes?
- Keto Tzatziki Sauce
- French Onion Dip
- BLT Dip
- Garden Fresh Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Air Fryer Carrot Chips
The Best Homemade Salsa
- 3 ripe tomatoes cored and quartered
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 onion quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 jalapeño chopped (seeds removed, optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 2-second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped. Pulse until desired consistency.
- Serve with sliced veggies, tortilla chips, or pork rinds.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Salsa always tastes best after it's been refrigerated for a few hours. If time allows, I recommend letting the flavors marinate together before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.