This Keto French Onion Dip will make your jaw drop. I am dead serious! I grew up on store bought French Onion Dip and this recipe literally takes the cake. It’s creamy, savory and is bursting with tons of amazing flavors. Serve as a dip or even slap some over a protein for additional flavor.
HOW TO SERVE THIS KETO FRENCH ONION DIP?
If you are not doing Keto or Whole30, you can serve with chips and crackers. If you are looking to keep it clean, below are some great ideas for dipping.
- Pork Rinds (Keto)
- Mini Peppers
- Sliced radishes
TIPS & TRICKS
- Caramelize The Onions: This is key for the dip to turn out. Cooking the onions at least 25 minutes in ghee will get them nice and brown.
- Hand Held Mixer: Use a hand held mixer instead of a wooden spoon to combine the dip. This will give it more of a whipped texture that is super creamy.
- Chill Before Serving: Chilling before serving is always recommended for best results. As the dip sits in the fridge, the more flavor it gets!
- It’s More Than a Dip: If you have a boring piece of protein that needs more flavor, slap this dip on top. It can also serve as a bomb sauce.
ARE NUT CHEESES WHOLE30 COMPLIANT?
“Nut cheeses and dips ARE compliant on the program, with a strong caveat that these should be used with caution, especially if you know you rely on cheese as a comfort or stress-relieving food, OR if cheese is a trigger for other food cravings (like wine or crackers). As with Larabars or almond butter, Whole30 HQ and our Coaches all recommend that program participants use with caution, and think critically about whether including these foods in their Whole30 is a healthy choice, given their contexts and goals.”
WHOLE30 COMPLIANT BRANDS OF CREAM CHEESE AND SOUR CREAM
- Kitehill Plain Cream Cheese
- Nush Cheese Natural
- Pamela Creamery Creamy Nutcheese Original
- Forager Sour Cream
Shop My Keto French Onion Dip Post
Want More Healthy Recipes?
This Keto French Onion Dip is a creamy and delectable dip is filled with minimal ingredients and can be whipped up in no time. Pair it with sliced cucumbers or mini peppers for the perfect appetizer. Keto, Whole30 and Dairy Free. Only 4 NET carbs per serving!
- 1 (12 ounce) container dairy free sour cream (Forager)
- 4 ounces dairy free cream cheese* (Kite Hill)
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the butter and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Then reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once carnalized, remove from stove and allow to cool.
- To a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients including the caramelized onions. Using a hand held mixer, mix on medium speed until combined.
- Serve immediately or for best results, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Category: Appetizer/Dip
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 serving (2 ounces)
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 191
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 30
Keywords: Keto French Onion Dip, Dip, Whole30, Keto, Dairy Free, Gluten Free