This Pomegranate Guacamole is a festive twist on the traditional recipe. It's the perfect appetizer for any gathering or party and goes perfect with plantain chips, carrots or tortilla chips. It's vegan, gluten-free and paleo.
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 4 medium ripe avocados pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils/seeds
- 1 large jalapeño seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and transfer to a medium bowl.
Add the lime juice, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado until either smooth or chunky consistency. Whichever consistency you prefer. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Carefully stir in 1/4 cup of the pomegranate arils/seeds. Transfer to a serving bowl and add the rest of the pomegranate arils to the top of the guacamole for a beautiful presentation.
Serve immediately with plantain chips or veggies and enjoy!