Green and red apple pops drenched in dark chocolate, drizzled with Paleo/Keto caramel sauce and topped with walnuts. These caramel apple pops are the perfect fall Paleo and Dairy Free treat.
- 2 medium Honey Crisp Apples (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 2 medium Green Granny Smith Apples (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 3 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce (See notes for my recipe)
- chopped walnuts
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- coarse sea salt to garnish
- Prepare 2 baking sheet pans covered in parchment paper.
- Slice all 4 apples into ½-inch slices. Using a knife, make a slit at the bottom of each apple slice and insert the wooden popsicle stick. Place on the baking sheet.
- To melt the chocolate, fill bottom of double boiler with water and place on low heat. Place coarsely chopped dark chocolate in the top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water and allow it to melt. Do not cover. When most of the chocolate is shiny, stir until smooth and add in the coconut oil or ghee to make it even smoother.
- You can either dip the apple slice in the chocolate or just cover the front of the apple slice with the melted chocolate. I prefer to have just the top coated and allow the back to be the raw apple slice. You will get more of the apple flavor this way.
- Once coated, add the apple pop to the baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle each chocolate coated apple slice with caramel. Eat immediately or freeze for an hour or so. Enjoy!
Click here for my Keto/Paleo Caramel Sauce recipe.
- Category: Dessert/ Snack
Keywords: Apple Pops, Paleo Snacks, Paleo Caramel Apples, Caramel, Apple Recipes, Paleo Desserts