Healthy Fruit Cones (Kid Friendly)
Need a a healthy sweet treat that is even kid friendly? These Fruit Cones are genius and will give you all the feels of summer and spring. Each waffle cone is filled with a mixture of pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries and topped with fresh whipped cream and mini chocolate chips.
I love getting in the kitchen with my girls and creating these Fruit Cones together. Eloise will help me wash the fruit and stuff each cone. It is an easy activity that will get them off the couch and in the kitchen. In addition, it’s a great way to spend some quality time together all while learning how to live healthy.
What you need:
- Waffle Cones
- Fruit of choice: I used a mixture of pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. I wanted to add bananas but didn’t have any on hand. Get creative and add all your favorite fruit. There is no right or wrong way to mix.
- Whipped Topping
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Chocolate syrup, shredded coconut, sprinkles, or crushed graham crackers.
For my kids it can be hard for them to eat this treat straight from the cone so I have a trick I use with them. I simply pour the fruit in a bowl and crush the waffle cone all over the fruit, then top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. This is so much easier for kids to enjoy without making a complete mess.
So if you are craving something sweet and don’t want to blow your diet, be sure to give these a try. They are also perfect for a wedding or baby shower. You can set it up as a Fruit Waffle Cone Bar. Provide a variety of fruit, toppings and whipped cream and allow them to build their cones how they like it.Print
- 4 Waffle Cones
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced in fourths
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup sliced pineapple
- 4 tbsp of mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a large bowl, add all of the fruit and give it a good mix
- Transfer the mixed fruit into each waffle cone and top with 1/4 cup of whipped topping and a tbsp of mini chocolate chips.
- If this is hard to eat in the cone, simply add the fruit to a bowl and crush the waffle cone over the top then add the whipped topping and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack/Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cone
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 32
- Fat: 6.7
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 3.4
Keywords: Fruit Cone, Healthy Desserts, Kid Friendly, Healthy, Fruit Recipes
Be sure to pin this to your Pinterest Board:
Love these Fruit Cones? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!