Y’all, my new Sour Candy Frozen Grapes may be my favorite recipe to date on the blog. Sour Patch Kids has always been one of my all time favorite candy. However, I try to stay away from them because they have so much sugar. I kid you not….these grapes taste identical to Sour Patch Kids. Trust me!
The best part about this recipe is it is 100% KID friendly. Both my 5 and 2 year old can’t get enough. As you can tell with the picture below, I couldn’t even get through the photo shoot. Sweet baby Nora snuck her sweet hand in the shoo to get her a quick bite.
The best sweetener to use for these Sour Candy Frozen Grapes?
1.Monk Fruit Sweetener This is my favorite sweetener to use because I feel like it has the closest taste to sugar. It also doesn’t have a bitter aftertaste that most other sweeteners have. Additionally, this is an all natural sweetener that does not have a negative affect on my blood sugar.
2. Swerve Sweetener is a sugar replacement made from the natural ingredients such as erythritol and other natural flavors.
3. Organic Stevia Organic Stevia comes from an organic stevia plant leaf sustainably grown without the use of harmful pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
4.Erythritol is a type of sugar alcohol. Erythritol occurs naturally in some fruits and fermented foods.
If you are desperate for a sweet treat and don’t want to throw your calories down the drain, give these grapes a try. I will even add them to portioned baggies and allow my girls to go out to the freezer and grab a bag for a mid afternoon treat.Print
These Sour Candy Frozen Grapes is a healthy twist on Sour Patch Kids. They are kid friendly and the perfect healthy and Paleo snack or dessert.
- 4 cups green grapes (cleaned)
- 3/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener (granulated)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Cover a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Clean and dry the grapes.
- Place in a large bowl along with the juice from 2 limes.
- Mix together using a spoon and allow to sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the Monk Fruit sweetener into a medium bowl.
- Remove the grapes from the fridge and roll each one into the monk fruit making sure each grape is completely coated.
- Transfer the coated grapes onto the parchment paper and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Category: Snack/Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 2.7
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 0.8
Keywords: Frozen Grapes, Grapes, Sour Candy Frozen Grapes, Healthy Recipes, Paleo