- Heat the oven to 425F. Add the chicken thighs to a platter and pat dry with a paper towel. Add lime juice all over the front and back of each thigh. Sprinkle the Tajin seasoning all over the top of the chicken thighs, front and back.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, arrange the chicken thighs in the skillet, skin-side down. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the skin is well browned, moving the thighs from time to time to make sure they are browning evenly. Do not turn them over though, keep them skin down to get that nice crisp.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and continue cooking, skin-side down, for another 10 minutes. Turn them over and continue cooking for 7 minutes longer.
- To test for doneness, insert a food thermometer into the thickest part of a thigh. The temperature should be 165F.
- Make sure to adjust heat on the stovetop as needing so the skin doesn’t burn. You want it to be crispy, but not burnt.
- Tajin seasoning is sold at most grocery stores in the spice isle or Hispanic food section.
- 2 NET CARBS
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 142
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 140
Keywords: chili lime chicken thighs, chicken thighs, chicken, whole30, keto, paleo, gluten free