One of my favorite places to go for “date night” is a Japanese Hibachi Grill. There is one problem though, we only have a date night once a year so I am crap out of luck. Instead of getting a babysitter and dressing up, I decided to bring the restaurant experience to my house. I came up with this delicious Chicken Teriyaki Sheet Pan that not only tastes identical to the hibachi grill but it’s also super quick and easy to cook. There is more good news, this dish is Whole30 and Paleo compliant and will knock your socks off.
Being a busy mom, I love having meals that are delicious and can be done in a flash. Right now this sheet pan meal is on repeat because it serves as an amazing meal along with tasty leftovers for additional meals throughout the week. Leftovers are lifesavers and I always make extra of whatever I am cooking so I can make life easier during a busy week.
This meal would also serve as a great meal prep option on Sunday. Throw a big sheet pan in the oven and you have yourself a few lunched prepped for the week. This meal also freezes well, so you can throw any leftovers into a gallon sized baggie and save for later. Simply thaw and heat up and you have yourself an easy freezer meal.
So let’s recap…this meal is a great date night or meal prep option. It is delicious and will hit any Chinese food craving belly. So, throw it in the oven for a quick meal prep on Sunday or if you are needing a date night, put the kids to bed early, whip up a cocktail or mocktail and throw together this flavorful and easy meal. It will be the perfect date night comfort food meal.
For this Chicken Teriyaki Sheet pan, my sauce won’t get thick, help?
Once you add in your tapioca flour to your teriyaki sauce, it will take a few minutes to thicken. As the sauce heats up, that is when it will start to thicken. Make sure to give it a good whisk and allow to it simmer and warm, be patient. To get it the consistency you want it, either add less or more tapioca or arrowroot flour.
Click below to save to your Pinterest board.
Shop My Post
Want more recipes like this one? Click on the pictures below…
An easy and delicious chicken teriyaki sheet pan with veggies that is a Whole30 and Paleo compliant meal that the whole family will love.
Chicken Sheet Pan
- 4 large chicken breast
- 3 carrots ((peeled and sliced))
- 2 zucchinis ((diced into chunks))
- 1 large yellow onion ((rough chopped))
- 1 cup pineapple ((chopped))
- 3 cups broccoli
- sesame seeds ((for garnish))
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Chop your carrots, zucchini, onions,broccoli, pineapple (I use canned pineapple with no added sugar and drain juice)
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the coconut aminos, sesame seed oil, orange and pineapple juice garlic and ground ginger. Mix together until combined.
- Once the mixture comes to a slow boil add in the tapioca dissolved in water and combine.
- Turn heat to low. As it continues to heat the sauce will become thicker.
- Once thick, remove from heat.
- Add the chicken breast to a clean sheet pan with compliant non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, take the teriyaki sauce and brush over the top of the chicken breast. Make sure to leave some extra sauce to cover the veggies later.
- Cook the chicken in the oven without the veggies for 15 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and randomly add in all the veggies and pineapple chunks around the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Pour some teriyaki sauce over the veggies. Leave just a little to add to the chicken after cooking.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender and chicken’s internal temp is 165F. If you need to increase heat to during this step, feel free. You just don’t want to over cook chicken to where it is tough.
- Remove sheet pan and use the remaining sauce to drizzle over chicken. Add to a plate and serve with cauliflower rice if desired. Will stay good 3-4 days in the fridge for leftovers.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian