- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced in 1 cm slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 9 fresh basil leaves
- salt/pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic reduction for drizzle
- Makes 3 slices in the tomatoes making sure that you do not cut all the way through. Place some pesto into each slice of the tomato along with a half mozzarella slice and fresh basil leaf. Repeat until all the slices are filled.
- Drizzle each of the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic reduction drizzle and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately cold or bake in a 400F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- This salad is amazing served hot or cold.
- Can be served as a cold appetizer or hot side dish with protein of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Method: No Cook/Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Caprese Salad, Tomato Hasselback, Keto Recipes, Appetizer, Keto Side Dish