A creative and fun way to serve caprese salad. Hasselback tomatoes stuffed with pesto, mozzarella, fresh basil and topped with balsamic glaze, salt, and pepper. The perfect keto appetizer or side dish that can be served hot or cold.
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced in 1 cm slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 9 fresh basil leaves
- salt/pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic reduction for drizzle
- Makes 3 slices in the tomatoes making sure that you do not cut all the way through. Place some pesto into each slice of the tomato along with a half mozzarella slice and fresh basil leaf. Repeat until all the slices are filled.
- Drizzle each of the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic reduction drizzle and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately cold or bake in a 400F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- This salad is amazing served hot or cold.
- Can be served as a cold appetizer or hot side dish with protein of choice.
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Method: No Cook/Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Caprese Salad, Tomato Hasselback, Keto Recipes, Appetizer, Keto Side Dish