Super Bowl weekend is finally here and we are counting down the minutes until kickoff. Our KC Chiefs are in the big game this year and we couldn’t be more excited. To support our celebration, I will be making my brand new Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas.
This margarita recipe is both savory and sweet and is sure to hit the spot. Regular margaritas are great, but I love taking mine up a notch by using Tajin seasoning instead of salt. Additionally, I love adding jalapeno slices along with a little jalapeno juice to really give the mix a nice kick.
What’s the best Tequila to use for this margarita?
- LUNAZUL (My favorite. Super smooth and only $17)
- JOSE CUERVO
- CORAZON SINGLE ESTATE BLANCO
- CASA NOBLE CRYSTAL
- PATRÓN REPOSADO
Tips for making the perfect Jalapeño Margarita:
- Make sure to use fresh lime juice. Some people will opt to use lime juiced in a bottle, and it is not the same flavor. You will get the best results using freshly squeezed lime juice.
- The egg white is what really gives this drink life. Once you shake the egg white with the other ingredients and pour over ice, you will get this beautiful foam top every single time.
- Adding the jalapeno juice from a jar is another key component that adds a touch of spice.
SHOP MY POST:
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board:
Love this recipe Jalapeno Margarita recipe? Check out my other favorites below:Print
The perfect spicy Jalapeno Margarita that is great for any occasion. This drink is filled with tequila, lime and orange juice, monk fruit sweetener, jalapenos slices and rimmed with Tajin seasoning. It is the perfect balance of savory and sweet.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- 2–3 jalapeno slices
- 1 tsp jalapeno juice (from a jar of pickled jalapenos)
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener (or sweetener of choice, more or less to taste)
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Tajin Seasoning
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, jalapeno juice, your choice of sweetener, and tequila in a cocktail shaker and shake. Shake 10-15 seconds. Add the egg white and shake vigorously again for 20 more seconds.
- Rim your glass with lime juice and rub into the Tajin seasoning until the rim is completely coated.
- Strain the mixture over ice after rimming your glass.
- Add two slices of jalapeno and a lime wedge for garnishing.
- Make sure to use fresh lime juice and not the juice from a bottle.
- You can find Tajin seasoning at most grocery stores in the spice isle.
- The purpose of the egg white is to give the foamy top. Feel free to remove if you do not care to have that.
- Category: Drinks/Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7.1
Keywords: Spicy Jalapeno Margarita, Cocktails, Margarita
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Remember to drink responsibly.