The BEST Spicy Margarita Recipe (with Pitcher Option!)
This easy spicy margarita recipe combines orange juice, freshly squeezed lime juice, and jalapeño slices with Blanco tequila for a sweet and spicy cocktail. Served over ice with a Tajin seasoned rim and an egg-white foamy finish. Make a pitcher or just one- you can’t go wrong with this classic margarita recipe!
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 ounces Blanco Tequila
- 1 1/2 lime juiced
- 1.5 oz orange juice or triple sec
- 2-3 jalapeno slices
- 1 tsp jalapeno juice from a jar of pickled jalapenos
- 2 tsp sugar-free simple syrup more or less to taste. Sub agave syrup if preferred.
- 1 egg white optional
- Tajin Seasoning
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Same as above but replace the tequila with sparkling water I like lime Topo Chico
Sugar-Free Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup allulose
Combine the fresh squeezed lime juice, orange juice (filling in for triple sec!), spicy jalapeno juice, sugar-free simple syrup, and Blanco tequila in a cocktail shaker and shake. Shake 10-15 seconds. Add the egg white and shake vigorously again for 20 more seconds.
Rim your glass with lime juice and rub it into the Tajin seasoning until the rim is completely coated.
Strain the mixture over ice after rimming your glass.
Add two slices of jalapeno and a lime wedge for garnishing.
Sugar-Free Simple Syrup
Add the water to a saucepan over medium heat.
Add the allulose. Stir until combined. Whisk the mixture until the sweetener dissolves.
Store in an airtight, food-safe container in the fridge.
How to Make a Pitcher of Spicy Margaritas
To make a pitcher for a gathering or event, simply follow these steps and enjoy! A pitcher of this spicy jalapeño margarita recipe will serve 8 people.
- 16 oz Blanco Tequila
- 12 Limes, juiced
- 12 oz Orange Juice
- 16 Jalapeno slices
- 2.5 tbsp Jalapeno juice
- 2.5 tbsp sugar-free simple syrup
- Garnish: Tajin, coarse sea salt, lime wedges, ice.
- Combine the fresh squeezed lime juice, orange juice (filling in for triple sec!), spicy jalapeno juice, your choice of sweetener, and Blanco tequila in a large pitcher. Stir to combine. I don't usually add ice to the pitcher as it will water down the drink.
- Serve in individual margarita glasses filled with crushed iced rimmed with salt or Tajin! If you want a frothy top, you can pour a serving of margarita mixture into a shaker with one egg white and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- If you don't have a jar of pickled jalapenos, I recommend muddling a fresh jalapeno slice and adding that to the other ingredients to be shaken.
- You can find Tajin seasoning at most grocery stores in the spice aisle.
- I recommend allulose for the simple syrup because it will not crystalize if stored in the fridge. Monk fruit and other zero-calorie sweeteners tend to form crystals if you store them in the fridge.
- Sprinkle some Tajin seasoning on top of the egg white and garnish with a lime wedge and fresh jalapeno slices. Your friends and family will be wowed by this beautiful spicy cocktail!
- To serve with a salted rim instead of Tajin, simply rub the rim of the glass with a lime slice, then dip it into a small plate of coarse sea salt or kosher salt.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g