Creamy southwest stuffed peppers stuffed to perfection with diced chicken breast, sauteed onions, cauliflower rice, and a mixture of southwest seasoning and tossed together with homemade ranch dressing. This is a great weeknight Whole30, Keto or Paleo dish.
- 6 multicolor bell peppers ((seeded))
- 4 cups cauliflower rice ((or 1 head of cauliflower, see notes))
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1 small yellow onion ((chopped))
- 2 garlic cloves ((minced))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup Compliant Ranch ((see notes))
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the tops off each pepper and remove seeds. Place on a coated baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil and minced garlic
- In the skillet, add the 4 chicken breast. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken breast once completely cooked and dice into small cubes
- In the hot skillet, add the pressed garlic and 1 chopped yellow onion.
- Cook until onions are translucent, then add 4 cups of cauliflower rice.
- In a large bowl, mix together and add the diced chicken, ¼ cup Whole30 Ranch, nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the rice mixture.
- Stuff each pepper with chicken and cauliflower mixture. Add peppers to a casserole dish and add to oven for 10-15 mins.
- Remove from oven and top with extra ranch and fresh cilantro.
*Note: If you are using a head of cauliflower: Add the florets to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a rice like consistency. Add the rice to a bowl along with 2 tbsp of water and microwave for 5 minutes. This will help make it tender and quicker to cook. Should be about 4 cups
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican