Jicama Steak Tacos with Lime Crema (Keto + Dairy-Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Jicama Steak Tacos with Lime Crema
Are you living healthy and needing a meal that will really hit the spot? If so, you have got to try these Jicama Steak Tacos with Lime Crema. These are filled with so much flavor. From the crunch of the jicama to the savory steak, every aspect of this healthy taco will make you want more. The best part is, these tacos are Whole30, Keto, and Paleo compliant.
What’s The Best Steak To Use?
Rump, skirt, or flank steak are the best cuts for fajitas or steak tacos! I prefer skirt steak. It’s more tender and flavourful than flank and can be cooked well done without getting tough and chewy. However, I do love flank steak and recommend cooking that medium to medium-rare. If you cook that well, it becomes a little tough.
What is Jicama and Where to Find?
Jicama’s flesh is juicy and crunchy, with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor. Some think it tastes like a cross between a potato and a pear. Others compare it to a water chestnut, turnip, or radish. Most grocery stores should carry jicama. Check in the produce aisle next to other fresh fruits and vegetables. You’ll likely find jicama near other root vegetables like cassava, turnips, or potatoes.
How to Make The Lime Crema?
Lime Crema is the easiest sauce to make that packs so much flavor. I’m mostly dairy-free, so I used Follow Your Heart dairy-free sour cream, but feel free to use regular if you would like. All you need for this sauce is dairy-free or regular sour cream, lime juice, lime zest garlic, and salt. So simple, yet so flavorful.
Forager and Follow Your Heart are both my favorite dairy-free sour creams. Both of these are located at Whole Foods, Hyvee, or your local health food store.
Shop My Jicama Steak Tacos with Lime Crema Post
Want More Healthy Recipes?
Jicama Steak Tacos with Lime Crema (Keto + Dairy Free)
- 1/2 small jicama or 8-10 slices I use 2 slices per taco
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- ½ cup cherry tomato quartered
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Limes for garnish
- 8 oz dairy-free sour cream*
- 1 1/2 lime juiced, and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Jicama Steak Taco
- Cut off one end of the jicama and peel. Using a mandoline on the thinnest setting, and using the pusher to protect your fingers, carefully run the jicama over the blades, creating thin slices. You should get between 16-18 slices. Set to the side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add in the minced garlic. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook about 6 minutes per side for medium. Let steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Chop the steak and add to the top of the sliced jicama. Top with tomatoes, onions cilantro. Drizzle with fresh lime crema and enjoy!
- To a medium bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lime and zest.
- Add the dairy-free sour cream, garlic powder, and salt to the bowl. Stir everything together until it's combined.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Forager and Follow Your Heart
- Trader Joes also carries jicama already sliced.
- If you want the tacos to be thicker, I will double up the jicama slices for each taco.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.