If you are here, you are probably looking for either something you can get on the dinner table in a quick manner without breaking the bank. My brand new Quick Taco Pasta Skillet is here to save families every where. It involves minimal ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry and can be on the dinner table in 20 minutes or less.
What you need for this Taco Pasta:
- Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (I use 90/10 or 93/7)
- Frozen or Canned Corn
- Black Beans
- Tomato Sauce
- Taco Seasoning
- Wheat Noddles
Right now, we are on self quarantine due to the Coronavirus and we are trying to make what we already have in our fridge and pantry work. This meal is so incredibly delicious and makes enough to serve 6. I usually have 1 cup serving and it fills me up completely. So a little of this dish goes a long way. It is sure to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Growing up, my mom would always make us Hamburger Helper. When this was on the menu I would jump for joy. So, my goal in creating this recipe is to bring you guys a legit comfort dish that the whole family will love and crave in a healthier way.
Toppings for this Pasta:
Feel free to get creative and add whatever toppings you want. Below are all the ones I suggest.
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoned Shredded Cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped red onions
- Green Onions
You can even add these additions below to spice your pasta up even more:
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced Avocados
- Crushed Plantain Chips
- Fresh Salsa
This Taco Pasta recipe is the perfect family meal that can be on the table in 20 minutes for less. This dish involves minimal ingredients with minimal clean up. Additionally, it is great for meal prep for easy meals throughout the week.
Taco Skillet Ingredients:
- 3 ½ cups wheat pasta
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice*
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Diced red onions, green onions and tomatoes for garnish.
Taco Skillet Instructions:
- Fill a medium size sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, add a tsp of salt and your pasta. Boil until al dente, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsbp of olive oil along with the beef and brown. Around 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the seasoning and add in the tomato sauce and bring to a slight simmer for a minute or so.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to the cooked beef in the large skillet.
- Additionally, add the corn and black beans to the pasta and beef and mix it together with a spoon until all ingredients are combined.
- Sprinkles cheese over the top of the pasta and garnish with diced tomatoes, diced red onions, green onions.
- I also add a tbsp of Greek yogurt to the top of each serving.
- For the shredded cheese, I used the finely shredded 3 cheese mix.
- If you have leftovers, add to an air tight container and store for up to one week in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
- Nutritional facts are calculated without the Greek Yogurt
- Category: Dinner/Quick Meals
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 5.1
- Sodium: 272
- Fat: 8.5
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 8.5
- Protein: 30
- Cholesterol: 57