I am taking Taco Tuesday to a whole new level with my Mini Taco Meatloaf Muffins. These are not only cute, but they will definitely bring a party to your mouth. They are Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Macro Friendly.
These Taco Meatloaf Muffins are so versatile and can be served as an appetizer, meal prep and of course, Taco Tuesday. Serve these with your favorite tortilla or plantain chip and salsa and you’ll have a real life fiesta.
What you will need to make these Taco Meatloaf Muffins
- Ground beef: We like buying our beef from Butcher Box.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning (See recipe card)
- Almond Flour
- Salsa: My favorite salsa is the Member’s Mark brand from Sam’s Club. It is also Whole30 compliant which is a bonus.
- Muffin pan
- Topping of choice: Salsa, red onions, jalapenos, shredded lettuce, guacamole, etc.
Tips and FAQS about this dish
- Be sure to keep an eye on these muffins so they don’t overcook and dry out.
- To get a great texture, be sure to add a tbsp of guacamole in the meatloaf mixture before cooking. This may sound weird, but it’s seriously genius.
- Make a big batch of these on Sunday and use for quick grab and go meals through the week.
- Feel free to freeze these in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
In conclusion, if you are looking to change up your boring taco game, be sure to give this recipe a try. They are the perfect meal prep option, appetizer and fun kid and family friendly meal.Print
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, 90/10 (32 ounces)
- 1–8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp almond flour (4.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (4 oz)
- Fresh guacamole, salsa and red onions for topping.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf including the seasoning. Mix together with a spoon or your hands until completely combined.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly into each cup of the muffin tin.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the internal temp reaches 160F.
- Remove from the oven once they are finished cooking and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Top each meatloaf muffin with 1 tbsp of guacamole, 1 tsp salsa and red onions.
- If your meat mixture is still a little wet (depending on the type of salsa you used) You may want to add another tbsp or so of almond flour.
- These are perfect for meal prep. Simple store in a air tight container without the toppings. They will also freeze up to 3 months in the fridge.
- Macro breakdown per muffin without toppings: 158Calories/3Carbs/1Sugar/20Protein
- Nutritional information below is calculated using 1 tbsp of guacamole as the topping and 1 tsp of salsa per muffin.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Entree/Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 Meatloaf Muffin
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 1.5
- Sodium: 123.6
- Fat: 7.6
- Carbohydrates: 5.1
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 20.7
- Cholesterol: 122.7
Keywords: taco, meatloaf, meatloaf muffins, meal prep, whole30, keto, paleo, macro friendly
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Shop My Post:
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board
If you love these Taco Meatloaf Muffins, check out my other favorite recipes below:
- Beef Tips & Gravy over Cauliflower Mash (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
- Taco Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
- Buffalo Chicken Patties (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!