- 1.5-pound chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese (I used KiteHill)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3–4 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3–4 jalapeños, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions
- Dairy-free cheese
- Jalapeno slices
- Press the saute function on the Instant Pot, once hot, add the ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the onion, garlic, jalapeno. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often.
- Press cancel to turn off the saute feature. Add the cubed chicken, chicken broth, and spices to the pot. Secure the lid, turn to seal, and set the pot to pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully quick release the pressure.
- Add in the dairy-free cream cheese and stir until melted and incorporated into the soup. Add in the xanthan gum and stir. Turn the saute function back on if the cream cheese is not melting well.
- Serve with grated dairy-free cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and bacon sprinkled on top. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Add the chicken, onions, garlic, jalapeños, spices (besides xanthan gum) into your 6 qt Crockpot and then cover with chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken, shred and then return chicken to the Crockpot. Add in cream cheese and xanthan gum. Stir together and let cook until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with grated dairy-free cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and bacon sprinkled on top.
- Cook your chicken as desired. In a large pot or dutch oven over medium/high heat add the ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the onion, garlic, jalapeno. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often.
- Bring the saucepan down to low heat. Pour in chicken broth and add the dairy-free cream cheese, whisking until cream cheese has melted. Slowly add in the xanthan gum and stir occasionally. Add in shredded chicken and stir. Cook until the cream cheese has completely melted.
- Serve with grated dairy-free cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and bacon sprinkled on top
- The Kite Hill Cream Cheese is Whole30 compliant. If you are completing a Whole30 simply remove the dairy-free cheese for garnish
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese: Feel free to sub regular cream cheese for this dairy-free version.
- Dairy-Free Cheese: This is not considered Whole30, so if you are completing a round, just remove that from the garnish. If you are not dairy-free or Whole30 and just need it to be keto, sub your favorite cheese of choice.
- Xanthan Gum: Feel free to sub 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: Crockpot: 6-7 Hours, Instant Pot: 20 Minutes, Stove Top: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Crockpot/Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Jalapeno Popper Soup, Keto, Whole30, Soup