Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup (Whole30 + Dairy Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP
My NEW Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup may be my favorite soup of all time. It tastes identical to a real life cheeseburger, but is clean and dairy free. In addition, I used jicama in place of potatoes to give the soup a little crunch and it doesn’t disappoint. This soup makes living healthy super easy and delicious.
This post was sponsored by Walmart, but all opinions remain my own
RESOLVE TO LIVE WELL WITH THE WALMART WELLNESS HUB
Walmart wants to make it easier for you to stick to your wellness
resolutions in the New Year with all the items you need at everyday
low prices. Walmart Wellness Hub is your primary destination for New Year’s resolutions.
Grocery & More, Walmart knows that wellness starts with fresh, healthy
food (and vitamins, gear and more) so stick to your New Year
resolutions with convenient options that allow you to shop in store or easy pick up and delivery at Walmart.
EAT BETTER WITH WALMART: I’m m right in the middle of my January Clean Keto 28-Day Challenge, and Walmart has been there to help me along the way. Above is all of the ingredients I got for this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. In addition to these items, they also have other great clean keto grocery options that will support you in sticking to your resolution.
Not only do they have awesome healthy grocery items, but they also have great vitamins and self care items that can support you in finding balance and health in every aspect of your life.
Below are all of my favorite food, health and self care items that you can find at Walmart.
WHAT MAKES THIS SOUP CHEESY IF IT IS DAIRY FREE?
In place of cheese, I used my dairy free homemade queso. To make, I mix hot water with nutritional yeast, cashews and xanthan gum to get a thick and creamy dairy free queso that has a close taste to real life cheese. It’s perfect for dipping or to add in soups and casserole to get a creamy and cheesy texture and taste.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THIS KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP
- If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak cashews in hot water for at least 2 hours before making the queso. Drain and combine with water and nutritional yeast in a regular blender, as directed in the instructions in the recipe card
- Be sure to brown the ground meat well. This will give additional flavor to the soup.
- Using HOT water and xanthan gum is a must when making the homemade queso.
- Allow the soup to simmer on low for at least an hour to cook the jicama. I like to have a little crunch so I only let mine simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded lettuce, bacon and pickles to get the full cheeseburger experience and flavor.
WANT MORE HEALTHY SOUPS?Print
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings 1x
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1–15oz can diced tomatoes. drained
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk, canned
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 cup chopped jicama
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked bacon, pickles and shredded lettuce for topping
Dairy Free Queso
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cashews
- ¾ cups nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a large pot, add the ghee along with the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes then add the ground beef. Cook until completely browned. Around 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer the beef broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes (drained), mustard, pickle juice, paprika and jicama. Stir and bring to a bowl then reduce heat to a simmer.
- While the soup is cooking, make the dairy free queso by adding the hot water, cashews, nutritional yeast and xanthan gum. Blend on high speed for about 20-30 seconds until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour this mixture into the soup and stir until combined. As this heats the queso will melt into the soup.
- Allow to simmer on low heat at least 45 minutes to an hour to cook the jicama. I actually like the crunch of the jicama not being completely cooked, so I will only cook 30 minutes.
- Before serving top with shredded lettuce, bacon and pickle slices.
- Hot water and xanthan gum are key for thickening the Queso. Let it blend on high speed at least 20 seconds. As it blends the hot water and xanthan gum will thicken the mixture. If you don’t have a high speed blender, soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes and drain before blending in a regular blender
- Crockpot– Brown the ground beef, onions and garlic. Add that along with all of the other ingredients except then homemade dairy free queso to the pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. About 20 minutes before serving, add the homemade queso and mix together.
- If you need a sub for xanthan gum, feel free to use 1/2 tsp tapioca flour dissolved in a tablespoon of water. This will however have more carbs than xanthan gum.
- Storage: Will last one week in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Nutrition is calculated with 1/2 slice of bacon/ 6 NET CARBS per serving
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 2 cups (Estimate)
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 483
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 37
- Cholesterol: 85
Keywords: cheeseburger soup, bacon cheeseburger soup, keto soup, whole30, dairy free, paleo, soup recipes
I’ve made this recipe twice, once with jicama and once with potatoes- both times were so delicious! This recipe is SO full of flavor! The first time I made it was only 3 weeks ago and my fiancé has asked for this so many times since! I highly recommend this recipe!
This made my day. So happy to hear. Thank you