These juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seared to perfections and covered with ghee, minced garlic and salt/pepper. If you are looking for the perfect Whole30, Paleo and Keto lunch or dinner, look no further. Simply serve with your favorite steamed or roasted veggie and you have yourself a complete meal.
These Garlic Butter Steak Bites are so versatile and can be used as an appetizer or as a meal. For an appetizer, you can serve it using toothpicks in addition with any of my 4 Majestic Sauces for dipping. As for a meal, serve with roasted or steam veggies of choice. Not only is it super filling, but it’s also kid friendly.
How to make these Garlic Butter Steak Bites
First, you will need to decide the cut of steak you want to use. I love using sirloins, but feel free to use strip steaks, ribeyes, or tenderloins. Next, chop your steak into cubes and season with salt and pepper. Then, heat up a large skillet or cast iron. For me, I prefer using a cast iron skillet because it gets the steak nice and crispy.
Once the pan is heated, add in the steak pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes making sure to drain excess water off as they cook. This will allow them to get really crispy. Once the steak is browned, transfer them to a large bowl and set to the side. Finally add in the ghee and garlic to the skillet along with the steak and coat the butter mixture evenly over all the steak pieces.
Tips for getting the perfect Steak Bites:
- Make sure to drain water halfway through cooking. The steak will not get crispy with liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- I recommend using a cast iron skillet. It is my favorite way to get a nice crispy skin on chicken and steak.
- Make sure you season the steak enough. A lot of time people will under season and the steak comes out bland. I will season before cooking and again once it is almost done.
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board:Print
These juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seared to perfection and covered with ghee, minced garlic and salt/pepper. If you are looking for the perfect Whole30, Paleo and Keto lunch or dinner, look no further. Simply serve with your favorite steamed or roasted veggie and you have yourself a complete meal.
- 2 lbs sirloin steak cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 garlic cloves-minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat with the 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut the steak into cubes and season with salt and pepper. I usually do 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in the steak pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Stir occasionally. For the steak to get really crispy, make sure to drain any excess water out of the skillet towards the end of cooking. Once liquid is removed, place the skillet back on the heat and brown another minute or so. This will give the steak a nice crispy texture.
- Transfer the cooked steak to a large bowl and place to the side.
- To the hot skillet add the ghee and the minced garlic. Heat for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the steak back to the skillet and mix together with a large wooden spoon. Make sure to coat the steak evenly with the butter and garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with your favorite roasted or steamed veggie.
- Make sure to remove excess water out of the pan as the steak cooks. I prefer the steak to get really crispy and for this to happen, the water will need to be drained off.
- If you don’t want to use sirloin steak, feel free to use strip steak, tenderloin or rib eye.
- Category: Main/Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 102.8
- Fat: 13.9
- Carbohydrates: 0.8
- Fiber: 0.1
- Protein: 40.7
- Cholesterol: 119.5
Keywords: garlic butter, garlic steak, steak bites, Whole30, Keto, Steak
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
SHOP MY GARLIC BUTTER STEAK BITES
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
- Philly Not-So Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Ranch Roast
- Mushroom and Bacon Lettuce Wrap Burgers