With the holiday season right around the corner, it is the perfect time to brush up on your charcuterie board-making skills. Additionally, to save time, I order all my ingredients using my Walmart+ Membership. You can have free same-day delivery from your store ($35 minimum. Restrictions apply.). Don’t stress this fall and winter season. Try out my Fall Charcuterie Board that will add little pizzaz and flavor to any gathering or party.
This post was sponsored by Walmart, however, all opinions remain my own.
What Is A Charcuterie Board
According to Webstraunt Store, “In the French tradition, charcuterie (pronounced “shahr-ku-tuh-ree”) is the art of preparing and assembling cured meats and meat products. … A charcuterie board is an assortment of meats, cheeses, artisan bread, olives, fruit, and nuts, all artfully arranged on a serving board.”
How To Build This Fall Charcuterie Board?
I love making charcuterie boards because they are so versatile;e and can be built to meet your specific style. Also, I love building my boards based on the season. So with the Fall Charcuterie Board, I wanted to buy ingredients that would represent the fall season. If you are not a fan of some of the items on this specific board, feel free to sub your favorites.
Tips And Tricks
- Use A Variety Of Meats: Salami, chorizo, pepperioni, proscuitto, or summer sausage slices.
- Wait To Place The Meats: Store the meats in the fridge to right before serving. If you put it out too early it can get warm and rubery. Keeping it cool until right before eating makes it tastes so much better.
- Cheese It Up: Add at least 2 to 3 types of cheese. Texture is everything when it comes to a charcuterie board so pick be sure to pick something creamy, soft and hard. For a bit of tart flavor add in pickles and different varieties of olives.
- Savory & Sweet: I love pairing savory and sweet when builiding a tray or board. Adding lots of seasonal fruits, honey and jams along side the cheese makes for a wonderful pairing.
- The Crunch Factor: A good crunch makes everything complete. Be sure to add your favorite crackers, nuts and bread slices along side the cheese and jams. It is truly magical when adding all 3 of these together.
- Garnish: For garnish I love adding sprigs of fresh herbs. It not only gives it a mgical smell but adds a touch of elegance for the completed look.
- Don’t Forget Wine or Sparkling Cider: Wine and sparking cider is the bow on the gift. It really ties this whole board together. The salty and savory flavors of the cheese will enhance the aroma of the wine.
If you are busy this holiday season and want to save some extra time, be sure to sign up for a Walmart + membership. I can’t live without it now. I can waste up to an hour in the store growing around. Now I just open my app and order exactly what I need and have it delivered right to my door for free without stepping foot in the store. It’s so easy and convenient.
With the Walmart+ membership, you can have free fresh, high-quality groceries delivered right to your door from your local store—Groceries & more delivered as soon as today, at the low prices you love ($35 minimum. Restrictions apply.).
TRY IT FOR FREE: After the free trial, Walmart+ costs $98/year or $12.95/month.
- Same prices as in-store
- No markups on items
- Fee: No hidden fees
- Walmart’s everyday low prices
In addition to the free same-day delivery, here is what else you will get with Walmart+ Membership.
- Pays for itself in just two deliveries based on the $7.95 delivery fees. Bye, pre-delivery fee!
- Mobile scan & go: Check out with your phone as your shop in-store.
- Member prices on fuel: Save 5 cents per gallon at Walmart and Murphy stations.
Shop My Kitchen Walmart Favorites
Want More Fall Recipes?
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Icing
- Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian
Pin This Easy Fall Charcuterie Board To PinterestPrint
The ultimate Fall Charcuterie Board that is perfect for family gatherings, parties, or a fun weekend family dinner. Includes colorful fruits, savory meats and cheese, crackers and a little bit of sweet with honey and jams.
Fresh Fruit & Crackers
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 16 oz grapes, color of choice
- 1–2 pomegranates, deseeded
- 12 oz crackers of choice (buy different textures)
Cheeses & Meats
- 16 oz block parmesan cheese
- 8 oz block soft cheese ( I used Borshin)
- 8–10 oz meats of choice ( I used dry salami and prosciutto)
Nuts, Garnish & Ect.
- 8 oz nuts of choice
- 5 oz pickles
- 5 oz olives
- honey and jams of choice
- fresh herbs for garnish, rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.
- To a large platter or cutting board, place all jams and honey.
- Add the fruits and crackers, spacing them out around the tray/cutting board
- Fill in the missing areas with the meats and cheeses.
- Finally finish with the nuts, olives and pickles. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with sparkling cider or wine. Enjoy!
- Be sure to keep the meats and cheese in the refrigerator until right before serving.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Fall Charcuterie Board, Charcuterie Board, Charcuterie, Appetizers, Meat and Cheeses