The most delicious cake that you will ever have in your life. This decadent Brownie Cookie Cake is layered with a cookie cake followed by a brownie cake along with ganache and topped with peanut butter buttercream frosting.
Cakes (makes 4 9-inch cakes)
- 2 (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie rolls
- 2 (boxes) brownie mix
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy whipping cream
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 6 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
Brownie and Cookie Cakes
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease (4) 9-inch cake pans. Set to the side.
- Make the brownie batter by following the instructions and ingredients on the box. Be sure to make 2 boxes.
- Pour the brownie batter into 2 of the greased cake pans.
- Remove the packages of the cookie dough and place in the greased cake pans. One package for each pan.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the pan.
- Place all 4 cake pans into the oven for 2-25 minutes. (I usually add the brownie pans to the top rack and cookie pans on the bottom rack.)
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a medium microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t bubble over.
- Transfer the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl and pour the warm heavy whipping cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Start whisking slowly in the middle of the bowl, and continue whisking in one direction until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and the vegetable shortening. Beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla extract, milk along with the powdered sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and beat together for 40 seconds or until fluffy and stiff.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand. Carefully spread an even layer of peanut butter buttercream over the top followed by chocolate ganache.
- Repeat this process for each all 3 layers.
- Decorate the outside of the cake as desired. I used a 2110 tip and just did quick half circles around the entire cake.
- Top the cake with crushed chocolate chip cookies and drizzle with more ganache if desired.
- This cake is amazing eating right away. However, if you do refrigerate, the brownie and cookie will harden. To make this amazing and soft after being refrigerated, I will microwave each slice for 15 seconds.
- I think my family enjoyed it more warm than cold.
- For the brownie mix I used Duncan Hines
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cookie Cake, Brownie Cake, Buttercream, Peanut Butter Buttercream, Cake