Banana Pepper Pot Roast (Keto + Whole30)
My Banana Pepper Pot Roast is healthy comfort food at its best. Only a 5-minute prep and you’re on your way to a delicious meal your entire family will love. Serve over cauliflower mash for the perfect Keto, Whole30, and Paleo dinner.
Banana Pepper Pot Roast
It’s not Sunday at my house without a roast in the crockpot and my southern green beans on the stove. I’m always creating new roast recipes so that I can change up the flavor components from week to week. My brand new Banana Pepper Roast may just be my favorite recipe yet. The juice from the banana peppers really takes this recipe over the top!
How To Make This Roast?
There are a couple of ways to cook this Banana Pepper Pot Roast. My favorite way is cooking it on low in the crockpot. I find that this method makes it super tender and clean-up is a breeze. However, cooking it the oven in a Dutch Oven is pretty darn tasty too. My grandmother would only cook her roast in a cast iron dutch oven and it was pure Heaven! I will cook on 375F for 2 hours and then reduce the heat to 350F for another hour or so. Be sure to check back occasionally to add liquid as needed.
How To Serve This Banana Pepper Pot Roast?
Leftovers Save Lives
Incorporating leftovers into your weekly menu will save you so much time and energy. Serving leftovers in a new way is something I do every single week. For example, you can use leftover roast and serve it in a different way to make it a whole new meal. Below are some ideas on how to serve leftover roast.
- On top of a salad
- Wrapped in a low carb tortilla
- Mixed with ranch coleslaw
- Stuffed in a sweet potato (if not keto)
- Sub this roast in my Shepard’s Pie recipe
Shop My Banana Pepper Pot Roast Post
Love This Recipe? Try Out More Of My Healthy RecipesPrint
- OPTIONAL STEP: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and brown each side of the roast. 2 minutes or so on each side.
- Turn the crock-pot on low and add the beef broth and roast. Season the top of your roast until completely covered with the spices. Add the ghee and jar of banana peppers. Add on the lid.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Shred the roast with a fork before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-7 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Banana Pepper Pot Roast, Keto Recipes, Whole30, Paleo
Pin This Banana Pepper Pot Roast
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!