It’s not Sunday at my house without a roast in the crockpot and green beans on the stove. I am always creating new roasts recipes so that I can change up the flavor components from week to week. My brand new Ranch Roast over Cauliflower Mash is divine.
Spices are something I take very serious when testing out a recipe. As I was building this one, I remember a trick that my grandmother would use when cooking her version growing up. She would always add a dry ranch seasoning packet to the meat and beef broth. IT WAS AMAZING!
For me, I love creating clean recipes that don’t have any additional fillers or sneaky ingredients. Although it is more work to combine all the spices, it is worth the extra effort. Furthermore, if you haven’t had my ranch seasoning, you are seriously missing out. In my opinion, it is a lot better than the packages you buy at the store.
How to make this Ranch Roast?
- First, figure out your cooking method. This roast is compatible with the crockpot, Instant Pot and oven.
- Next, heat up a large skillet with a tablespoon of ghee and get a good sear on each side of your roast. I find that this step is really important for getting a tender and juicy roast.
- Once the roast is seared on each side, transfer to a crockpot along with the beef broth and spices. For other methods, check out the notes below in the recipe card.
- Add 2 tablespoons of homemade ranch to the beef broth and secure lid. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove and serve over my famous cauliflower mash.
SHOP MY RANCH ROAST POST:
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board:
Love this Ranch Roast recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:Print
This Ranch Roast recipe is an easy, comforting dinner that comes together so easy in either a crockpot or an Instant Pot. Serve over cauliflower mash for the perfect Keto, Whole30 and Paleo dinner.
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 1/2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 /2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black cracked pepper
Crock Pot Version:
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and brown each side of the roast. 2 minutes or so on each side.
- Turn the crock-pot on low and add the beef broth and roast.
- Season the top of your roast until completely covered with the spices.
- Add 2 1/2 tbsp of the ranch dressing to the broth and secure the lid.
- Let your roast cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Shred the roast with a fork before serving.
- Add a big scoop of cauliflower mash to a bowl and top with some roast and broth.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Instant Pot Version:
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set to sauté and allow time to heat up. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and brown your roast on each side.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and add the remaining of the ingredients.
- Lock the lid making sure the top vent is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 65-75 minutes (SEE NOTES).
- Once the cook time is over, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before moving the valve to venting, releasing remaining pressure and opening the lid.
- Bring 1 head of cauliflower chopped or 2 bags of cauliflower rice to a boil, about 10 minutes.
- Drain liquid from the cauliflower and add to the food processor with garlic powder, chives, ghee, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Blend together until smooth and top with fresh chives. Make sure NOT over blend or it will turn into a soupy puree.
- Serve in a bowl with the roast and gravy over the top.
- For the Instant Pot version, if your roast is not tender after 60-65 minute, feel free to add more time. You may cook yours up to 90 minutes or longer depending on how tender you like your roast.
- The best method to use to get the most tender roast is the crockpot version where it will cook low and slow.
- This roast will last in the fridge for up to one week and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot/Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 2.5
- Sodium: 778
- Fat: 12.8
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 36.8
- Cholesterol: 104
Keywords: Roast, Instant Pot Recipes, Crockpot Recipes, Whole30, Keto
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!