Mushrooms have always been one of my go to side dishes. They are so easy to make and pair nicely with almost all protein options. My Garlic and Bacon Mushrooms are so full of flavor. They are tossed with sauteed garlic, shallots, crispy bacon and ghee and finished with parsley, along with salt and pepper to taste.
My husband Joel has never been a big fan of mushrooms so I was a little nervous to ask him to be my taste tester. However, I was presently surprised when he ate the entire bowl and went back for seconds. That is a WIN! I always love when I can create a food he doesn’t like in a new and delicious way that changes his mind.
Building meals for the week can sometimes get boring and frustrating. I find that if I top a boring piece of protein, such as a chicken breast with these mushrooms, it changes the entire dish. These mushrooms are great to add on top of pork chops, steaks and chicken. Although they can serve as a great protein topper, they can additionally serve as the perfect side dish or appetizer.
Ingredients needed for these Garlic and Bacon Mushrooms:
- Button mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to serve these mushrooms?
These are probably one of my all time favorite side dish. These can be paired with any protein option for a yummy weeknight meal or can even serve as an appetizer at your next social gathering.
Below are my favorite pairings:
- Chicken Breast
- Pork chops
- Add on top of a salad
- Toss in pasta
- My Garlic and Bacon Mushrooms are so full of flavor. They are tossed with sauteed garlic, shallots, crispy bacon and ghee and finished with parsley, along with salt and pepper to taste. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free
- 1.5 pounds button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, finely diced
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Sauté the minced garlic and diced shallots to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mushrooms along with the ghee and cook 6-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Chop the bacon and add that in and season with salt and pepper to taste and finish with the parsley.
- Mix together and allow to cook another 30 seconds or so.
- Serve with additional parsley sprinkled on the top and enjoy.
- Serve on top or on the side of your favorite protein option.
- Stores in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Category: Side Dish/ Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Whole30, Gluten Free, Keto