One of the hardest things to come up with when creating a weekly menu is delicious side dishes. Well, I am here to help with my Blanched Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce. It an amazing side dish that pairs nicely with breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What you will need to make this Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
- Medium/Thick Asparagus Spears. I always buy mine at Sam’s Club. They are always so perfect and green.
- A pot with boiling water.
- Egg Yolks
- Franks Hot Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- Immersion blender or regular blender. I always prefer an immersion blender when I make my sauces
What to serve with this side dish?
What I love most about this side dish is it really pairs nicely, with breakfast, lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless. Below are a few different ways I serve this to make a complete meal.
- Shredded Pork
- Pork Chops
- Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken Meatballs
In conclusion, if you are looking to spice up your side dish game, be sure to give this recipe a try. It is so quick and easy to make. Blanching asparagus will easily become your new favorite way to cook it. In addition, you will be licking your plate so no drop of Hollandaise Sauce is wasted. Oh and by the way, if you aren’t an asparagus fan, feel free to sub broccoli or any other veggie of choice.Print
- 1 1/2–2 lbs medium/thick asparagus spears
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 1/2 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat a large pot with 8 cups of water over high heat. Trim the ends off the asparagus using a sharp knife.
- Season the asparagus with 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus; boil until tender, 3-4 minutes depending on thickness.
- Carefully remove the asparagus with tongs and immediately transfer to a big bowl of ice water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process. Blanching them like this will make them crisp and green. After a minute, transfer to a towel and pat dry. (You can also saute in a hot skillet after this step, but I love eating them just like this. They are so crisp and fresh)
- Place the asparagus spears in a large serving dish and pour over the desired amount of Hollandaise Sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 3 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, hot sauce and cayenne pepper to a mason jar.
- Heat ½ cup ghee over low heat until completely melted.
- Add a little bit of the melted ghee to the mason jar and use an immersion blender on high speed to start blending together. Slowly (really slowly) pour the rest of the melted ghee in the jar as you are blending. As you blend, the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Note: If you do not have an immersion blender, do all of the steps with a regular blender.
- The secret to a creamy sauce is a VERY SLOW drizzle. Pour in the melted ghee/butter as slowly as you possible can.
- If you need to reheat your sauce, add to a mason jar with a lid and place into a hot pot of water.
- The Hollandaise Sauce will last one to 2 days in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish/Sauce
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 spears
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 176
- Fat: 13.4
- Carbohydrates: 1.7
- Fiber: 0.8
- Protein: 3.3
Keywords: Asparagus, Hollandaise Sauce, Keto Sauce, Keto Side Dish, Whole30, Whole30 Side Dish
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
SHOP MY ASPARAGUS WITH HOLLANDAISE SAUCE POST
Be sure to pin this Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce to your Pinterest Board:
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
- Sauteed Zucchini and Squash Skillet (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
- Tomato Salad (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (Whole30, Paleo)
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!