Asian Chicken Marinade
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Marinades can really brighten up chicken or any other protein, especially this Asian Marinade. Allowing it to sit in the marinade for at least 3 hours and under 24 hours. This process will allow enhancing the flavor, and texture of the meat. It will also allow the meat to not dry out during the cooking process. Although this Asian Marinade is used on chicken in this recipe, it can also be used with a variety of protein and vegetables, such as beef, shrimp, pork, tofu, vegetables, and mushrooms
What Makes This Recipe Great
There is nothing better than a juicy and flavorful chicken breast. A simple marinated chicken breast can be super versatile and a lifesaver during a busy week. Prepping 4-5 chicken breasts on Sunday and storing them in the fridge through the week can serve as an easy go-to protein option for lunch or dinner.
How to Make This Recipe
- Chicken Breast: you can also use this marinade with a variety of protein and vegetables, such as beef, shrimp, pork, tofu, vegetables, and mushrooms
- Soy Sauce, Low Sodium: coconut aminos can also be used in place of soy sauce.
- Sesame Seed Oil: this oil has a deep, rich, nutty flavor that gives this marinade an instant upgrade.
- Rice and Balsamic Vinegar: the perfect acid that balances the soy sauce.
- Honey: agave can be subbed for the honey. If you are keto, feel free to use sugar-free monk syrup or sugar-free syrup of choice.
- Ginger: if you want to use fresh, feel free to use 1/2-1 teaspoon depending on how strong you like the flavor. It gives the marinade a bit of spiciness and bitterness.
- Minced Garlic: feel free to sub 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in place of minced garlic. This gives the dish a fresh nice vibrant flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes: this gives a nice hot punch. If you are not one that like super spicy things, I recommend omitting it from the recipe.
Step by Step
Add all of the ingredients to a jar with a fitted lid and shake well until combined, or stir with a whisk. This marinade can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Heat a skillet, cast iron skillet, or grill on medium/high heat. Add the chicken to the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
How To Serve
There are so many ways to serve this delicious and juicy chicken. Below are some of my favorite ways.
- In a poke bowl with rice, avocado, radishes, red cabbage, and cucumbers along with my Bang Bang Sauce drizzled over the top.
- Over noodles or zoodles with stir fry vegetables
- On top of my Asian Inspired Chopped Salad
- With sweet potato and veggies
- Sliced and added inside a tortilla
Between 3-24 hours. It is not recommended to marinate over 24 hours.
You certainly can. If you want to use it as a dressing, I would recommend adding 1/4 cup of olive or avocado oil.
Yes! I recommend marinating salmon using this marinade for 1 hour. I usually don’t go over that amount of time.
Make sure to heat the pan until it is super hot, then turn down the heat. Once you put the chicken on the skillet, don’t move it until it is ready to flip. Depending on the thickness of the chicken will determine how long to cook on each side. With this chicken, I did about 6-7 minutes on each side.
Want More Healthy Recipes:
Asian Inspired Marinated Chicken
- 2.5 pounds of chicken breast
- 1/3 cup soy sauce low sodium, or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons agave honey, or sugar-free sweetener
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a jar with a fitted lid and shake well until combined, or stir with a whisk. This marinade can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Heat a skillet, cast iron skillet, or grill o0n medium/high heat. Add the chicken to the grill and turn down the heat and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.