- 2 pounds ground bison meat (or substitue ground beef)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes ((petite or regular))
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- l tbsp light olive oil
- 1 Lime
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 whole sweet onion (chopped finley)
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat your dutch oven on high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sauté your onions and minced garlic.
- Add in your ground bison or ground beef and let simmer.
- Once your meat is a little crispy and cooked through, set heat to medium and add in your diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste and beef broth.
- Mix together and let simmer on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add in all of your chili seasoning spices and set heat on low.
- Let simmer on low all afternoon or until desired doneness. I usually let mine cook around 30 minutes before serving. If you choose, you can cook this on low in your crockpot all day.
- Serve with diced onions, avocadoes, cilantro and lime juice.
Leftover Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 potatoes, cleaned, forked and rubbed with olive oil. Sprinkle a little garlic powder and sea salt on each potato. For easy cooking, add all 4 potatoes to a crockpot on low for 4-5 hours on low. If you want to cook in oven, cook on 425 degrees Farhenhit for 45 minutes.
- Heat up your leftover chili in a dutch oven or a pot of choice for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean and cut fresh cilantro, red onions and avocadoes.
- Slice each potato and add in desired amount of chili to each potato.
- Top with cilantro, onions and avocadoes.
Instant Pot Version
- Set your crockpot to saute and throw in the pressed garlic and onions. Allow the onions to become translucent.
- Next, add the ground beef and allow to get fully browned.
- Once browned, add in the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth and seasoning.
- Combine together and set the Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Release the steam and the chili will be ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup