- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped (Serve over roast once done))
- 1 whole sweet onion (sliced in big chunks)
- 2 cups new potatoes (or small potatoes of choice)
Crock Pot Version
- Turn your crockpot on low and add your beef broth and roast.
- Season the top of your roast until completely covered with the spices. (salt, pepper, minced garlic, onions).
- Add your franks hot sauce to the top of the meat and spices.
- Add your new potatoes around the roast and add your lid.
- Let your roast cook on low all day and shred with a fork before serving.
- 10 minutes before serving, throw some fresh cilantro on top of your roast. It adds great flavor without being over powering.
- Scoop your roast, broth, potatoes and onions to a bowl and enjoy.
Instant Pot Version
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set to sauté and allow time to heat up. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and brown your roast on each side.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and add the remaining of the ingredients, including the potatoes to the roast.
- Lock the lid making sure the top vent is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. (If the roast is frozen, depending on the size, I will cook between 30 and 40 minutes).
- I usually use natural release, but it’s fine if you do quick release if you are in a hurry. I find that the roast is a little more tender with the natural release.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-6 hours (crockpot)
- Category: Main Dish