Everyone assumes that because I am southern, I am a sweet tea drinker, FALSE. Truth is, I have always drank unsweetened tea and have to drink at least one glass a day to keep sane. I don’t like tea overly sweet and this Peach Mint Unsweetened Tea is so refreshing and the sweetness from the peaches gives it a great balance. This is the perfect summertime drink to sip on by the pool or on your back porch with family and friends.
This recipe is Whole30 and Paleo compliant, but if you want to add a little bourbon or other liquor if choice, you can turn this tea into a refreshing cocktail. If you are not a peach fan, play around with the fruits that you add and get creative. To make, I will boil my tea bags and cut up my fruit. I add cold ice cubes and cut fruit to a pitcher then add the tea with a little water. I will allow my tea to sit for at least 2 hours before serving because it allow all the yummy fruit flavors to enter the tea.
The mint adds another summertime element that takes me back to childhood. Mint is such an amazing herb to add to anything to give it a distinctive flavor. If you are needing a refreshing drink that will cool you off this summer or maybe you are sick of drinking water, give this Peach Tea a try.
Click below to save to your Pinterest board.
- 4 family-sized black tea bags ( Lipton or Luzianne or 12 individual tea bags)
- 2 Whole peaches (Sliced)
- 5 Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Steep the tea bags for 5-6 minutes. Dunk the tea bags a few times in the water to fully hydrate. Remove the bags.
- Add tea to a pitcher and add 3 more quarts of water to the tea base. This will make a gallon of unsweetened tea.
- Add pitcher to the refrigerator until very cold or at least 3 to 4 hours
- Add sliced peaches, mint and lemon juice. Let sit another hour.
- Serve over ice with fresh mint.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!