Creamy Bulletproof Iced Coffee
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A creamy bulletproof iced coffee that is sure to increase energy and brain function. This recipe is Paleo and Keto compliant and can be tailored to Whole30.
What is bulletproof iced coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is usually a blend of freshly brewed coffee, MCT oil or grass-fed ghee, and collagen. This coffee is great for high-fat and low carb lifestyles. When blended together, this drink will deliver a latte style creaminess and will also give you a ton of energy and cognitive function. In addition, because this coffee is high-fat, it satisfies and fills you up. I will often sub a bulletproof coffee for breakfast and it easily holds me over until noon.
What’s the purpose of adding Collagen and MCT oil to my drinks?
Most days I always add collagen and MCT oil powder or oil to my coffee. This combination not only delivers great health benefits, but it also makes this iced coffee latte extra creamy. Collagen is a form of protein, so adding this to your coffee can help to keep you full and boost your protein intake while supporting your connective tissues and overall health.
What is collagen and how does it benefit my health?
Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids: glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine, all of which help our body’s connective tissue, skin, hair, nails, as well as gut health. Collagen protein has high levels of amino acids and
- Improved gut health
- Stronger hair, skin, and nails
- Improved liver health
- Boosted immune system
- Reduced joint pain
- Better sleep
- Balanced Blood Sugar
How does MCT oil and how does it benefit my health?
MCT stands for “medium chain triglycerides” or “medium chain fatty acids.” They’re types of fat most often derived from coconut oil but sometimes made from palm oil. MCT oil is colorless, odorless, and stays liquid at room temperature, making it the perfect fat to add to food, smoothies, and coffee for extra energy and brain-boosting benefits.
My favorite MCT oil to use is the Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder. I find that it dissolves better and give more body to my coffee.
If you are interested in purchasing this specific MCT Oil Powder,
Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder
Benefits of MCT Oil
- Promotes weight loss
- A boost in energy and brain function
- May reduce lactate buildups
- Has been known to help manage Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s Disease and Autism
- Contains powerful fatty acids that fight bacteria growth
What is the best grocery store iced coffee/cold brew?
I do enjoying making my own cold brew coffee, but let’s face it, I am busy and don’t always have the time. I love grabbing unsweetened iced coffee or cold brews at the grocery store that makes this drink extremely convenient and easy.
My favorite brands to buy are….
- Starbucks Iced Black Coffee
- Stōk Black Cold Brew
- Califia Unsweetened Black Label Cold Brew.
- Chameleon Cold Brew Organic Black Coffee
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Creamy Iced Coffee – A creamy bulletproof iced coffee that is sure to increase energy and brain function. This recipe is Paleo and Keto compliant and can be tailored to Whole30. – cold brewed coffee, unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, monk fruit sweetener (or Paleo Sweetener of Choice (Remove for Whole30 compliant)), pure vanilla extract (Sub Vanilla bean powder for Whole30 compliant), collagen, MCT Oil Powder or MCT Oil, sea salt, , Add ice to 2 cups along with 10 oz of cold brew coffee each.; Add the coconut milk, almond milk, monk fruit sweetener, vanilla extract, collagen, MCT oil, and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high until combined and creamy. ; Add 2 oz (or more if desired) of creamer to each iced coffee and enjoy. ; ; – – Drink – Keto – Paleo – Whole30 – Bulletproof Iced Coffee – collagen – High Fat – Iced Coffee – keto – Keto Coffee – MCT Oil – paleo – whole30[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
Creamy Iced Coffee
- 2 10 oz cups cold brewed coffee
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or Paleo Sweetener of Choice (Remove for Whole30 compliant)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract Sub Vanilla bean powder for Whole30 compliant
- 2 tbsp collagen
- 2 tbsp MCT Oil Powder or MCT Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add ice to 2 cups along with 10 oz of cold brew coffee each.
- Add the coconut milk, almond milk, monk fruit sweetener, vanilla extract, collagen, MCT oil, and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high until combined and creamy.
- Add 2 oz (or more if desired) of creamer to each iced coffee and enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.