2 3/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup granulated monk fruit*
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup chopped strawberries
3 tablespoon ghee, melted or vegan butter
1/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup powdered swerve*
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 lemon, zested
1 tabelspoon coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments.
once combined, carefully fold in the strawberries. Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of the glaze ingredients to a bowl and mix together with a spoon. If you want the glaze a little thicker, simply add another tablepsoon or so of the powdered sweetener.
- Transfer the glaze to the fridge for 5-10 minutes and allow to cool. As the glaze cools, it will begin to thicken.
- Drizzle each muffin with the glaze and lemon zest before serving. If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week.
- If you need a clean baking powder use 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter in place.
- Feel free to sub any granulated keto sweetener of choice for the monk fruit. If you are not worried about it being keto, you can also sub coconut sugar.
- Feel free to sub any keto powedered sugar for the Powdered Swerve
- Last up to 4 days: Cool the muffins completely before storing. Line an airtight container with paper towels and place the muffins on top in a single layer. Seal with an airtight lid. If the paper towels become damp, replace them every few days. Muffins will last up to four days stored this way.
- Freeze: If you can’t eat them all in once setting, no worries, you can even through them in the freezer in a freezer proof container for up to 3 months. Simply thaw and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 214
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 54
Keywords: Keto Muffins, Lemon Strawberry Muffins, Keto Desserts, Paleo, Dairy Free, Muffins