I’m a big fan of all things gingerbread around the holidays. Since I live mostly Keto and Paleo, I wanted to create something that would give me all the same holiday feels. My new Keto Gingerbread Muffins with Glaze will totally hit the spot with only 3 NET carbs!
HOW ARE THESE GINGERBREAD MUFFINS KETO?
These muffins are Keto because of the almond flour and Monk Fruit sweetener. Almond flour gives these muffins the same texture and feel as real flour and the Monk Fruit sweetener gives it sweetness without all the carbs.
Monk Fruit is my favorite low carb sweetener to use. Below is a little bit more information about this sweetener.
- TASTES JUST LIKE SUGAR: Contains zero net carbs, zero calories, and is zero-glycemic. Perfect for cookies, coffee, desserts, and other sweet, sugar-free treats.
- 1:1 SUGAR REPLACEMENT: Monk Fruit Sweetener matches the sweetness of sugar. It’s a great 1:1 replacement for real sugar.
WHAT IF I’M NOT KETO? SUBSTIUTIE SUGGESTIONS
If you are not Keto, you are more than welcome to substitute coconut sugar or even date sugar for the Monk Fruit sweetener. As for the powdered Swerve that is used in the glaze, that is considered Paleo. However, if you are not watching your carbs or worried about it being Paleo compliant, feel free to substitute real powdered sugar for the glaze.
TIPS FOR THESE MUFFINS
- To get a nice golden top, I love melting a little bit of ghee and using a basting brush to cover the tops of the muffins. While they are wet I will sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and Monk Fruit sweetener over the top. It adds a nice touch and crunch to the muffin.
- I always recommend mixing your dry mix first and then adding in the wet mix. In my opinion, the muffins always come out better when I mix my batter that way.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin liners. This will save so much time and allow you to fill each cup evenly.
- In my opinion, these muffins get better as they sit. I find that they are the best on day 2.
- Throw a muffin in the microwave for 20 seconds for the perfect addition to your morning cup of joe!
SHOP MY POST
CHECK OUT MORE KETO DESSERTS BELOW
These Keto Gingerbread Muffins are the perfect holiday treat. A sweet gingerbread batter baked to perfection and topped with a sweet glaze. Only 3 NET carbs per muffin! Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free and Gluten Free.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk, unsweetened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: Cinnamon Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12-14 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry mix. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet mix. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments.
- Use a handheld or stand mixer and mix on medium to high speed until all and combine all the ingredients are combined. Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners. Fill about 3/4 of each liner with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- This stage is optional: Melt 1/4 cup of ghee and use a basting brush to coat the tops of the muffins. Mix together 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit sweetener with cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the melted ghee.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sweetener, coconut milk and vanilla in a medium bowl. Drizzle over the tops of each muffin.
- If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week
- You can use coconut sugar for the granulated Monk Fruit sweetener if you are not Keto. This will still go under Paleo.
- Substitute coconut oil for ghee if needed.
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 36.1
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 53
Keywords: Keto Muffins, Gingerbread Muffins with Glaze, Paleo, Paleo Deserts, Holiday Desserts