Keto Sausage Egg Muffins
Most Sundays you can find me meal prepping. It wouldn’t be a true meal prep session without egg muffins. My Keto Sausage Egg Muffins are so easy to make and are packed with flavor. These savory little bites can serve as a weekend breakfast for the family or even a great grab-and-go meal prep option. Feel free to tailor the meat and veggies to your liking. Don’t be scared to experiment. Egg muffins are the easiest thing in the world to make.
Tips For The Perfect Keto Sausage Egg Muffins
- Make sure to always cook the onions, garlic and sausage together before adding to the egg mixture. This gives the sausage a little extra flavor.
- Always grease your muffin tin. If not the eggs will stick.
- Only fill each tin with 1/2 to 3/4 of the egg mixture. This ensures it won’t overflow.
- Let your muffins cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove them. Run a small spatula around the inside walls of the muffin holes to help loosen them before removing.
This is the perfect recipe for meal prep. Make a batch on Sunday and store them in separate glass containers for easy grab-and-go snacks, breakfasts, or lunches. To reheat, simply wrap in a damp paper towel and pop in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Top with hot sauce or dairy-free sour cream and enjoy.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve
Freezer: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat when ready to serve
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Egg Recipes?
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Air-Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Steak and Caramlized Onion Frittata
- Bancon Ranch Deviled Eggs
My Keto Sausage Egg Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast, snack, or even lunch option. This recipe is the perfect healthy addition to your low-carb lifestyle.
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound of sausage
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, canned unsweetened
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick oil spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil along with the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant. Crumble in the sausage and cook together for 5-6 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs. Add in the cooked sausage mixture, parsley, coconut milk, tomatoes, cheese, chilies, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix together until combined.
Add egg mixture halfway up into each tin of a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set. Let cool slightly, then serve OR store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.
- If you are not dairy-free you can sub heavy cream for coconut milk and regular mozzarella cheese.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop/Oven
Keywords: Egg Muffins, Keto, Low Carb Breakfast