Keto Egg & Sausage Muffins
These easy, low carb egg and sausage muffins are just 2 net carbs, packed with protein, taste delicious, & make the best on-the-go breakfast!
Muffin tins are for more than just batter! If you’re looking for a healthier breakfast option, these egg and sausage muffins are going to blow your mind. All you need is an easy-to-make egg mixture and a muffin tin, and you’ve got savory little bites that can serve as a weekend breakfast for the family or a great grab-and-go meal prep option.
In just 30 minutes, you’ll have prepped and baked the most delicious (& healthy) keto sausage egg muffins! These dairy free breakfast muffin cups pack in 10 grams of protein to keep you going all morning! With just over 2 net carbs per egg muffin, this is an easy, delicious, low-carb keto breakfast option, that you can also eat for lunch! Or dinner!
What Makes this Recipe Work
Sick of sausage? Swap for bacon or chicken! Don’t want spice? Swap the chiles for bell peppers. Want more spice? Dice up some jalapeño. Add spinach! or kale! Or mushrooms. You just cannot go wrong.
These little egg and sausage muffin cups are so easy and so versatile that you will never get bored. Make a couple of batches of different flavors and you’ve got a low carb go-to ready and waiting!
How To Make the Perfect Egg and Sausage Muffins!
- breakfast sausage
- canned coconut milk: make sure to get this unsweetened! This is the best dairy free alternative to creating that creamy smooth texture in the eggs.
- dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese: I use this dairy free alternative instead of regular shredded cheese and can’t tell the difference!
- canned diced chilies
- lime juice
- spices: salt/pepper, dried parsley, garlic cloves (or garlic powder).
Step by Step Instructions
- Sauté the garlic and onions in olive oil. Then, crumble in the sausage and cook together until sausage is cooked.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add in the cooked sausage mixture, parsley, coconut milk, tomatoes, cheese, chilies, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix together until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway up with the sausage and egg mixture. Repeat for the whole muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
(more detailed steps in the recipe card below)
Peachy Tips & Tricks
Egg and Sausage Muffins Pro Tips
- Make sure to always cook the onions, garlic and sausage together before adding to the egg mixture. This gives the sausage a little extra flavor.
- Always grease your muffin tins. If not the eggs will stick.
- Only fill each muffin cup with 1/2 to 3/4 of the egg mixture. This ensures it won’t overflow.
- Let your muffins cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove them. Run a small spatula around the inside walls of the muffin holes to help loosen them before removing.
Refrigerator: Store leftover egg and sausage muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.
Freezer: Store your sausage muffins in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat when ready to serve.
Keto Egg & Sausage Muffins: FAQs
Yes! With just 2.3 net carbs per egg cup, this is the perfect low carb keto breakfast.
Yes! If you are not dairy free and would prefer to use regular shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese for your egg and sausage muffins, substitute the same quantity as the dairy-free mozzarella cheese. You can also replace the coconut milk with heavy cream!
This is the perfect recipe for meal prep. Make a batch on Sunday and store them in separate glass containers for easy grab-and-go snacks, breakfasts, or lunches. To reheat, simply wrap in a damp paper towel and pop in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Top with hot sauce or dairy-free sour cream and enjoy!
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Egg Recipes?
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Air-Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Steak and Caramlized Onion Frittata
- Bancon Ranch Deviled Eggs
These easy, low-carb egg and sausage muffins are just 2 net carbs, packed with protein, taste delicious, & make the best on-the-go breakfast!
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound of sausage
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, canned unsweetened
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick oil spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil along with the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant. Crumble in the sausage and cook together for 5-6 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs. Add in the cooked sausage mixture, parsley, coconut milk, tomatoes, cheese, chilies, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix together until combined.
Add egg mixture halfway up into each tin of a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set. Let cool slightly, then serve OR store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.
- If you are not dairy-free you can sub heavy cream for coconut milk and regular mozzarella cheese.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop/Oven
Keywords: Egg Muffins, Keto, Low Carb Breakfast
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!