- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Monk Fruit Syrup (for Paleo, sub Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese (I use Kite Hill)
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure vanilla, almond milk, Monk Fruit Syrup (or Maple Syrup) and melted ghee. Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the ingredients for the cheesecake mixture into a medium bowl and whip using a handheld mixer. Mix for 30-40 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate batter evenly into the paper liners. Fill about 3/4 of each liner with batter. To the top of the batter, add about a tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture. Swirl together with a fork or a toothpick.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer them to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week
- 7.2 NET carbs per muffin
- For low sugar dark chocolate chips, I use Lily’s for Keto and Hu for Paleo.
- Make sure to use either Monk Fruit Syrup or Maple Syrup. If you substitute the granulated Monk Fruit, the batter will become thick and it will not turn out.
- If you are not dairy-free, feel free to sub regular cream cheese.
- These can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition is calculated using Monk Fruit Syrup and Lily’s Chocolate Chips.
- Remember, all ovens cook differently. Be sure to keep an eye on the muffins and cook until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins are set.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Cheesecake Chocolate Muffins, Keto Muffins, Keto, Dairy-Free