Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms (Whole30 + Keto)
These Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They require minimal ingredients but are packed with a ton of flavor and texture. Only 0.5 NET carbs per serving. Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant.
If you are looking for the perfect Keto appetizer, look no further. My Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect addition to any menu. They are savory and filled with so much amazing flavor. The secret ingredient that makes the mushrooms so amazing is my Mac’s Awesome Sauce. It’s a mayo base sauce that almost acts as melted cheese when combined with the sausage.
How to Serve These Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms?
These savory mushrooms are so versatile and can be served as an appetizer, snack or even entrée. I will even heat leftovers up and eat them for breakfast. The possibilities are endless!
- Serving as an appetizer: I love serving these right out of the oven. I think they are best when they are hot! Sprinkle with fresh parsley and they are ready to devour.
- Serving as an entrée: These are so filling they can even be served as an entrée. Serve it with your favorite side salad or steamed veggie for a complete meal.
What is a Good Ground Sausage to Use?
There are a lot of options out there when it comes to buying breakfast sausage. However, most sausage has added sugar in the ingredients, so if you are wanting to stick with cleaner options, below are my top favorites that are even Whole30 compliant.
- Butcher Box Sausage
- Pederson’s Natural Farms Breakfast Sausage
- Jones Dairy Farm Pork Sausage Roll
- Mulay’s Breakfast Sausage
How to Store and Re-heat These Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms?
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: You can reheat these in the microwave, oven or even air fryer. I usually just pop them in the microwave for 40 seconds and they are ready to go.
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Appetizers?
- 2 (5 oz.) packages of baby portabella mushrooms (around 24 mushrooms)
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mac’s Awesome Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil add in the sausage. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Once your sausage is done, transfer to the mixing bowl with the 1/2 cup of Mac’s Awesome Sauce and mix together with a spoon until fully combined.
- Wash and clean your mushrooms (removing stems) and place them cap side up on a cast iron skillet or a coated baking sheet.
- Add a spoonful of the creamy sausage mixture into each mushroom.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the oven and bake for 22-24 minutes or until the tops bubbly and golden.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy.
- Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Net carbs for 2 mushrooms is 0.5
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop/Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 2 mushrooms
- Calories: 180
- Sodium: 272
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 41
Keywords: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Keto, Whole30, Paleo, Appetizers
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!