Keto Sausage Balls (Whole30 + Paleo)
Published Feb 03, 2021 Updated Feb 27, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Keto Sausage Balls will become your new favorite game day appetizer or just everyday snack. This recipe is made with simple ingredients and only have 1 NET carb per large ball or 2 small balls. Additionally, they are Whole30, Keto Paleo and Gluten Free!
Are Nut Cheeses Whole30 Compliant?
This is a question that is asked a lot by the Whole30 community. Below is Whole30 creators answer:
“Nut cheeses and dips ARE compliant on the program, with a strong caveat that these should be used with caution, especially if you know you rely on cheese as a comfort or stress-relieving food, OR if cheese is a trigger for other food cravings (like wine or crackers). As with Larabars or almond butter, Whole30 HQ and our Coaches all recommend that program participants use with caution, and think critically about whether including these foods in their Whole30 is a healthy choice, given their contexts and goals.”
Whole30 Compliant Brands of Dairy Free Cream Cheese:
- Nush Cheese Natural
- Pamela Creamery Creamy Nutcheese Original
What if I’m Not Dairy Free?
If you are not dairy free, feel free to use real cream cheese. Another tip for even more flavor is to add a 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice to the batter. Honestly though, these are perfect as is even if you’re not dairy free. You will absolutely love the flavors!
Tips and Tricks for these Sausage Balls?
- Just The Right Amount: Use a medium ice cream scoop or a small cookie scoop to get the right amount of dough. I like making them big so I use a medium sized ice cream scoop. However, if you are wanting to get more balls, use a small cookie scoop.
- Don’t Overbake: The finished product should be tender, lightly browned of top, and golden on the bottom.
- Change The Shape: You can bake these more like a biscuit or into a ball. To make them flatter, I just press down the dough before adding it to the oven.
- Dip Them: Add a little more flavor by using your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping!
Shop My Keto Sausage Balls Post?
Want More Healthy Appetizers?Print
Keto Sausage Balls (Whole30 + Paleo)
Keto Sausage Balls made with almond flour, ground pork sausage, dairy free cream cheese, an egg, shallots and seasoning. The perfect appetizer or everyday snack. Only 1 NET carb per serving. Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 large or 24 small 1x
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage, cooked
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese (Dairy Free, I use Kitehill)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until completely combined.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Use a medium ice cream scoop or even a small cookie scoop to portion the dough. I usually like using an ice cream scoop to roll bigger balls, but feel free to make them whatever size you want. Place the dough on the baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottoms are browned.
- Serve with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 large ball or 2 small balls
- Calories: 112
- Sodium: 203
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 32
Keywords: Sausage Balls, Keto Appetizers, Keto, Whole30, Dairy Free, Appetizers
I LOVE a good
Sausage ball…and being on keto I was
Worried these would not measure up. WRONG! My entire family loved them! These will not disappoint! Thanks Mac!
I have wanted sausage balls for quite awhile. These hit the spot!! I would pick these over my beloved Bisquick sausage balls.
So happy to hear this. Thank you
These were so easy and delicious!!
So happy to hear it was a hit! Thank you