My new Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is a genius way to take a boring sweet potato to another level. Not only are these super delicious and filling, but they are also Whole30, Paleo and Gluten Free.
The good news about this recipe is it is super easy to whip up. It is great for an easy weeknight dinner or even a great option for meal prep. For meal prep, you can stuff ahead of time and reheat in the oven or microwave or you can store each component separately and build and heat up when ready to eat.
Building these Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
To start, you can either use the Instant Pot method or oven method to cook the sweet potatoes. I am old school and still love cooking my potatoes in the oven. While the sweet potatoes are cooking you can either boil the chicken breast in a pot and shred or for a quicker option, you can also shred a store bought rotisserie chicken.
Once the chicken is shredded I add it to a bowl along with a cup of my homemade ranch dressing, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together until everything is combined.
To add a little more greens to this recipe, I shredded some Brussels sprouts. I simply sauteed in ghee and stuffed inside the cooked sweet potatoes before adding the chicken salad to the top. This recipe is so filling and craveable.
Shop My Post:
Click on the photo below to save this recipe to your Pinterest Board:
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out more of my favorites below.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork. Rub down with the 2 tbsp of olive oil and season the skin with salt and pepper if desired.
- Set on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.Place the bacon on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Remove from the oven. Place on a paper towel to drain grease. Transfer to a cutting board and chop with a knife.
- Clean and shred Brussels sprouts. To shred, cut the ends off the sprouts and add to the food processor and pulse until desired consistency or use a cheese grater to shred.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp ghee along with the shredded sprouts. Let them cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Ranch Chicken Salad:
- Place chicken breast in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Allow the chicken to continue cooking on low for 15 minutes or until chicken has reached temperature. Make sure to always check with a meat thermometer. For chicken, it should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the hot water and allow to cool on a cutting board. Once cool, shred or chop the chicken.
- Transfer the shredded or chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl along with the ranch dressing, garlic, salt/pepper to taste, parsley, and chopped bacon. Use a spoon and combine all ingredients until mixed evenly.
- Slice each sweet potato and stuff each one with a spoonful of the cooked shredded Brussels sprouts along with a couple of large spoonfuls of the chicken salad.
- Transfer the baking sheet with the stuffed sweet potatoes back to the oven for 8-10 minutes to warm the chicken.
- Remove and drizzle with any extra ranch and garnish with bacon and parsley.
Feel free to buy a rotisserie chicken to save time
To save time, cook your sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot or crockpot. For the crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours or throw in the oven on 425ºF for 45 mins. Cook in the Instant Pot by adding in the cooking rack and 1 cup of water. Add the sweet potatoes to the rack and set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Recipes, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Bacon Ranch, Whole30, Paleo